And now no fixed abode.....


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Puerto Montt
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well the time is eventually here for us to embark on this so called journey of discovery, or whatever it was that we justified to ourselves at the time that this had to be done. What seems like a lifetime of planning, hectic scheming after one beer (or ten) too many, watching the pennies and of course bragginn.... about the fact that one day we will do this. Here we are!

Tomorow night we will be in Argentina, Buenos Aires.

The thought of no work for the next 12 months feels amazing however the though of what lays ahead is exciting and a tad overwelming.

We offically now have no jobs, no car, nowhere to stay and no, or very little hair(lost a bet!). And the great thing about this is, it was all by choice!

Thanks to everyone who has assisted us in making this dream come true. Especially to Errol & Margaret, Steve, Lee, Joshua and mom(formally known as Mrs "G") for the past few weeks. Also thanks to all our friends at work for all the best wishes and of course the leaving presents. These will certainly come in handy on our travels.

Will keep you posted.

Rob and Wends

P.S. This was written on the 7th April and only published on the 20th, sorry we have had no internet and mobile service in Patagonia in the past week so will update the blogg shortly.

Rob and Wends

Advertisement



19th April 2007

best wishes
I Hope you Guys have an awesome time how many times have you guys cross the equator in the last few years. I envy the two of you..........enjoy!!!
20th April 2007

Baby shower
We are having a baby shower for Gaily tomorrow afternoon and thought it would be nice if you guys could send a note to be read out at the shower. If you are able please send by 08h00 your time tomorrow. Love Mom
20th April 2007

Good Luck you guys
Tip#354: Remember to cut your toothbrush in half to save weight. Travel light and safe. Have Fun Paul

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0961s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb