a day in Tigre


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Tigre
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

A day in Tigre

After sleeping in to 'recover” from a week of learning and socializing last night (I could not believe how many people get all dressed up for Halloween even here, loco!) I made pancakes for the family! Yeah a real breakfast! I had brought a packet of pancake mix and maple syrup as a little “typical American breakfast” gift for the family and so Cristina asked me to show her how to make them. What a good start to the weekend! In the afternoon I met one of the teachers who wanted to join me on a short trip to Tigre, and so we met downtown and took the train to this city approx. 35 miles outside of B's A's in the river delta. Tigre is one of the most popular weekend get-aways for the Portenos (residents of B'sA's) and the town was bustling with tourists and locals alike. Highlights include the Puerto de Frutos, a market where vendors sell baskets, fruit and mostly housewares in old warehouses along the harbor front, and a current exhibition in the harbor area, where the lofts and warehouses have been transformed by Argentina's famous interior designers! A nice little break from busy B's A's a little culture, a feel for what the locals do and I got free Spanish lessons out of it! So triple bonus!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 20; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb