Buenos Aires - A tour around the city


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 15th 2015
Published: January 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Rachel arrived and now we are three. It is great having her here. We took a yellow on and off bus around the City. I would not recommend it. You wear a head set and the information about what you are seeing is never complete. It will say this building is important because and then it will cut out. We never got a full explaination without the info cutting out. When it was not giving us info it played music that could give you a headache. We did get to see parts of town we would never visit like La Boca which is not a place you would want to walk around. If you want a tour I would take a private company tour not the yellow bus.

Book stores are very popular here. We have four in Palermo. They all have cafes in them and they all have different personalities. One of the most beautiful book stores in the world is here in BA. The Ateneo Grand Spledid on Avenida Santa Fe. It was once a theatre and it still looks like one inside. Near Ateneo Grand Spledid is a good steak house but not pricey. The wine and the food is very reasonable, it is called Parilla Pena. The meal comes with empanadas and lage servings. We find ourselves eating lunch around 2:00 and then we have a light dinner.

We also went to a large street market Feria de San Pedro Telmo on Plaza Dorrego. It is held on Sundays only, Rachel shopped until she ran out of money. She will be back next Sunday because she still needs a new wallet.

We have also had three traditional Argentine steak dinners. The beef here is great. The best (pic attached) was at Don Julio in Palermo, but it was also pricey. They have you write on your bottle of wine when you are done drinking it and then they put it on the shelf. We had lunch and dinner here and will be back again. They do not take reservations but if you have to wait they give you a glass of complementary champagne.

I also need to buy a marker because two restaurants we have eaten at have graffiti all over the walls. Every possible pace is witten on. I need to bring marker so I can add my mark. I have more to talk about but will have to write another blog. Thanks for reading.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb