La Exposicion Rural


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 2nd 2006
Published: August 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hornshornshorns

Kenworth, Argentina style
Oink oink piggy piggy. Moo moo cow cow....but what sound does a chinchilla make?

Last Saturday I got up early and stepped outside donning a rediculously large pair of sunglasses, a touch of makeup, and a winter coat. Where was I going? La Rural of course...it was the last weekend of the country fair.

I like talkin "animal" and so I thought what better way to spend a day then conversing with some wooly sheep in coats, long horned bulls and of course a fuzzy little llama.

The country fair was in many ways just like any country fair in The States. There were cowboys or gauchos as they are called here. There was a radio station broadcasting, horse shows, big trucks, corrals for sale, even Toyota truck exhibits. The chickens clucked like they are suppose to cluck and the bunnies were just as cute as they are in The States.

However, this country fair was different. The cowboys were lookin snappy, the girls showin off the Toyotas were wearing sequins and instead of cotton candy and elephant ears there were cheeses for sale, piled so high you just had to rub your eyes in disbelief, and pastries filled with dulce de leche (a spreadable carmel)...and of course, this country fair wasnt in the country. When I started to feel at home with the cow stink all I had to do was look up and see the hundres of highrise apartment building looming over me and the bah bah black sheep.

oh yes, and I took the subway there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

baby puffballbaby puffball
baby puffball

i couldnt help but think this little one could make a nice sweater
prize winnersprize winners
prize winners

Argentines love their chincilla
a damn cute bunnya damn cute bunny
a damn cute bunny

no matter how tough i try to be bunnies make me melt


14th August 2006

HORNS
Lizzz, Thanks for the KW horns I am sharing the image with my fellow PACCAR folks.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb