We made it!


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well we're here. Had a lovely few flights down and even managed to sleep most of the way down on the 10 hr flight from Houston to Buenos Aires. Took a 2 hour public transport bus from the airport to downtown. Only cost about 50 cents compared to like 10 bucks for the shuttle bus! (That's the Mackey in me hahah) We found a great hostel in the heart of downtown for only 8 bucks a night for a bed. Called the Milhouse, but no it has nothing to do with the Simpsons. There's a travel agency downstairs so that was nice. We booked our bus tickets to Puerto Iguazu tomorrow night to see the falls. 17 hours on a bus after 24 hours flying yesterday is gonna be tough but apparantly the bus seats let you practically lie down so hopefully we'll manage a good snooze. We need to figure out where it is we want to go afterwards anyways so at least we'll have some time to talk to other people and find out what the must-sees are in this HUGE country.

And nevermind the country, this CITY is massive. Holy crap we were on that bus passing houses and shacks and buildings and a hundred McDonalds. The place is massive and we haven't even seen a fraction of it. We figure that since we're flying out of here to go home we should leave soon and then return and spend 4 or 5 days at the end and maybe take a little day boat trip across the river to Uruguay.

I guess that's all for now. Feel free to check back and/or email us. Internet access is like 50 cents an hour in the places you have to pay, and many hostels offer it for free if you don't mind waiting a few mins for a free computer.

Oh yes and also, we are OLD. Apparantly this hostel is highly recommended but it is full of kids! I know my mom would never have let me come wandering around South America when i was 17 or 18 but that seems to be the average age around here. And mostly British. Met a Canadian earlier and a couple of Americans but mostly British/Irish (too hard to tell them apart! haha).

Ok time to go, talk to you all soon, let me know what's going on at home.



Advertisement



27th June 2006

niiiiiiice
sound's like you by's are off to a wicked start!!!!!!! have lots of fun! i like these blogs things, keepin comin mackster!!!!!!!! say to costello for me and take lots of pics!!!!!! Dana

Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb