Puente de la Mujer


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 27th 2010
Published: December 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Moving on...hotels, that is


We moved hotels this morning and are now at the NH Latino. After settling in we set out in search of the Puente de la Mujer. Which I swear was a pitstop on Amazing Race but I can find no record of it. Manda, did we see this before? Anyways, we managed to take the long route and the Mexican sweat set in in record time. yuck. Please note Missy that your Christmas gift did make it down south.
The bridge actually seemed like nothing special, it kind of sits across the port. We tried to make it to the ocean view but it was took much and we just walked along the "boardwalk" that no long had any lagoon off to the side. The food smelled good but we opted to head back into the town for everyone's favorite--McDonald's!
Triple Mac time
I am pleased to announce that the #1 is indeed the #1 on the menu, however it is a TRIPLE MAC! Yes, 3 patties! I did get the "medium" aka the regular big mac but Alfred tried the triple. It was up to standards, however I did notice that the bun was crispier than in the US. But still delicious! There was a McCafe up front as well as a ice cream place. The desserts and coffee coming out of the McCafe looked good! I want these jeans to make it to the US, they are awesome.

What I learned today


We walked around some more just watching the mass of people. I have learned that the men of Buenos Aires don't care to wear shirts. When eating the other night this guy just got out of the car with no shirt. It was so strange. Not sure why this is occuring. And that they like to take naps whereever and whenever. The parks are nice but I don't think you would see many Americans just taking a siesta on the grass or park bench. And they love their meats.

Dinners at 11 pm


We are getting into BA mode by eating late. I had the Milanesa Pollo and Alfred had some steak. Followed by Panqueque du dulche de leche. yum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The #1The #1
The #1

Delicious!
McDonald's jeansMcDonald's jeans
McDonald's jeans

I love the M on the pockets
Dinners!Dinners!
Dinners!

Milanesa de pollo for me. Steak for Alfred
Dessert!Dessert!
Dessert!

Panqueque de la dulche de leche


29th December 2010

No Ocean
Wellcome to my country, dear friends. I hope you are enjoying your time here. I have to say that there is not any ocean in Buenos Aires, just a brown river. Actually, the widest river in the wordl, 220 km at the widest point. The board walk you mantion in your blog is really and OLD boardwalk 50 years ago. Then the goverment filled the river to extend the city but they didnĀ“t built anything (tipically argentine). Years later, the nature took the place and now is a Natural Sactuary. Bye.
29th December 2010

You sure that wasn't chicken fried steak? I did some light research and couldn't confirm the bridge on AR. It was, however, used prominently in The Mole.
31st December 2010

Shirt looks good... Like the shout out!

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb