Poop on you


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 11th 2010
Published: October 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just a few blocks from our hotel we came across a plaza. As we wandered around the plaza taking an occasional photo I became enamored with all the pigeons. I started to take a few ground level profile pictures to Katies sigh of dismay;-). I guess I was thinking about a coffee table book of pigeons across south america, some bird poop coasters to go with it;-). As we rounded the first corner to gain a better vantage point of some of the statues we passed some local vendors with corn for the pigeons and nuts for the onlookers;-). They were very colorful vendor carts with spinning wind fans and delicious smells of roasted nuts that I remember from my childhood in France. Katie was getti g a close up picture of the statue through a fence, interesting side note...we couldn't figure ou why all the statues were surrounded by huge metal fencing. ...perhaps to keep the pigeons out;-) ...latter I assume it is due to vandalism... Anyways I took a distance shot of Katie taking a pic of the statue, standard fair;-) and became enamored with an elderly gentlemn who had purchased the corn to feed the pigeons...he was surrounded by a hundred of them or so' and I snapped off a few pics, there was a small girl enjoying all the commotion and a lady taking pics appeared to be her wife. After several minute of pigeon pandemonium he ran out of corn and the older couple walked over by Katie to also take pictures of the statues and buildings... The lady asked Katie if she would take there pic and in turn she would take ours... She proceeds to hand Katie a very expensive camera and they pose together... It is at this time she realizes her coat is covered n bird poop and a Spanish verbal assault ensues, Katie and I have no idea what she was saying but we find ourselves oddly standi g there w this couples camera as they begin to frantically try to clean themselves off... The older man is not so bothered but the women is quite frantic..at one point Katie and I are standing there with this expensive camera and they are nearly 30 feet away at the garbage can...of course this goes against all common sense...we think to ourselves are we being scammed here, lol! As I look around there are some onlookers, those who bought the roasted nuts;-) that are rolling over with laughter at this point! We realy had said very little at this point but were like here is your camera take it back! Katie actually snapped A few pics of the operation pigeon poop pickup with their own camera unbeknownst to them... Finally they came back and we explained in our little broken Spanish that we did not understand them. It turned out she spoke a little broken English, they were from bra il. It's no wonder u here about people getting there stuff stolen all the time using the squirt the poop tactic;-). Tourists are a very susceptible lot/...anyways we greatly enjoyed the start of our day and look forward to more awkward encounters;-)
We met this couple from brazil feeding the pigeons who then thanked them promptly by pooping on them:-(. We helped them clean up and Katie took their pictures, lol
















Have an IPhone-tastic Day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb