Top ten list, you ain't in Kansas no mo Toto;-)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
October 12th 2010
Published: October 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Do you remember what it's like to have hot water come out of the shower head or faucet so hot it could burn you?  That's how it is in BA and I love it!  A shower that actually last longer then five minutes;-?

The percentage of shaved heads (talking about men here;-) goes down dramatically...so much so that after our first day in BA I made that comment to Katie and how ironic it is that our second mornings breakfast included 3 other couples, 3 out of 4 male companions including myself were all shaved heads...Katie almost went back to our room with the wrong man( just kidding;-). Of course we were all from out of the country.

When entering a restaurant, an employee is mopping the floor and... Oh my god...there is no caution sign to warn us of a slippery floor;-!

1 out of every 20 waiters are female and the one that we did have so far was not in the least bit accomodating, whatcha gonna do;-?

Why is it that when French fries are called Papas Fritas they sound so much more appetizing...every restaurant serves them and the the majority of them are freshly hand cut...not frozen pre packed like so many in the U.S.;-). How can one pass by a cafe called Palacios Papas Fritas knowing they are just that good!!

Isn't it great to walk to your hotel room with only a skeleton key in hand... One gigantic hole peers into your room from the courtyard outside...somehow it evokes romantic thoughts of a time long since replaced in the U.S by so many replaceable keycards that I could personally fill my glove compartment with what I've accumulated over the past few years

As we approached our last evening in BA we had observed that the fashion industry clearly did not support The Doc Martin culture which I recently became akin too...having seen no other doc martins among thousands we found ourselves seated at a free concert in the park our last night and another guy sits next to me with, u guessed it, a pair of doc martins...when he pulled out the bag of Jacks Links beef jerky with English writing ....I used my vast detective skills to surmise that he was not a local;-)


When ordering a salad, fresh veggies are requested like an add on for a burger..."oh, u want tomatoes with ur salad?". BA is a meat and potato city where salt is the main condiment and your choice of salad dressings consists of oil and maybe 2 types of vinegar;-). Not that any of it is a bad thing.... Just different. Katies special salad today had the first veggies we have eaten since being here, canned corn and canned mushrooms;-). I'm sure it would of helped if we had polished up on our Spanish vocabulary for veggies, wait, it might have helped if we had polished up our Spanish in the least bit, lol...day 4 of our Spanish lessons begins tomorrow;-)

Isn't it nice to be able to purchase a can of beer at the local corner store and be able to drink it while walking down the street without having to brown paper bag
it;-). Well, I'm assuming it's ok since I have seen others doing it;-)


When you finally get to your hotel room after over 14 hours of travel and realize you forgot to purchase that special adaptor that converts 110 to 220 or something like that...oh no!  How am I going to power my IPhone;-?
Thank goodness the staff at the front desk has encountered this "issue" many times before;-)

Did I mention that our room locked with a skeleton key?  How forward thinking it is however to also include a key card with the skeleton key that without inserting it into a key card reader while in your room you cannot get power;-). Therefore eliminating those pesky neighbors who leave their tvs on when they re not in their rooms!
Is

Have an IPhone-tastic Day!

Advertisement



13th October 2010

hello
Dan, I am so enjoying this travel blog. It keeps me in touch with your adventures. We have been watching Chile on the news as the first trapped men saw light and loved ones. We so love the 2 of you and please give our love and our best to your Mom. love, Kim
13th October 2010

Dearest Kim;-)
Thank you for your comment, all of our prayers are with the miners here as well...there are several channels covering the event 24-7

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb