Hasta Luego Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
September 6th 2010
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Three countries in three days


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Tango anyone? 84 secs
We hope you enjoyed the video at 90 degrees. Lesson learnt - all videos must be landscape from now on.

Our time in Argentina has come to an end. We had a brilliant time with Lisa and Ian, visiting the city and seeing it from a locals perspective. Our most visited place was Coto though, the supermarket around the corner which sells everything you can think of. This was a good thing considering in 12 days we managed to break three wine glasses, a jug, an ashtray, a glass, a knife, a pair of scissors, a blow up bed and a tv. Thank you again to the two of you, although I'm sure you and your flat are breathing a sigh of relief now.

We saw a little bit more of Buenos Aires in our second week, a highlight was visiting Boca with it's beautifully coloured buildings, street bars and tango in the streets. Steve and I had a stab at the old tango and as you'll see from the photos we looked quite the part.

Last weekend we took a day trip to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. A lovely little village with cobbled streets, brilliant little cars and a lighthouse - which we climbed. The day was so clear you could see the skyscrapers of Buenos Aires across the water and we all (some more than others) got a bit of colour on our faces.

Yesterday we said goodbye and left to get the bus (during rush hour again) back to the airport. I forgot to mention that on the way in to BA we decided to get the tube to Lisa and Ian's from the bus terminal. Imagine one very packed train and S&S bumbling on complete with rucksacks. Other than a few stares from people admiring (yes, I'm sure, admiring) us, things were going well until Steve decided to turn around, slapping three people around the head with his fins that were strapped on the back of his bag. With Sheryl laughing and a few others smirking, he turned back around to see what had happened and did it again to the same people. If only I had taken a landscape video, it was hilarious.

Well anyway, just as we were leaving BA we discover that we had lost our cash card. Our only cash card. Are words needed here? Nope.

Anyway, bright and cheery, we made it to the airport and have crossed the Andes again (with spectacular views this time) to Santiago in Chile.

To do list;

1. Have we been robbed of all our money? Nope - phew. Card cancelled.
2. We need to claim back a silly amount of money that has been taken from us by Tame because they have charged us 3x what they should have (the company we flew to the Galapagos with) - a combination of argh! and humph!
3. Get our visa for India. Surely it is only possible for S&S to visit the Indian Embassy the day that the Indian President is over for a visit in Santiago, CHILE.

Well, that's our three if you don't count Steve's camera breaking. Still, it's still all good fun even if you do have to hand over your passport for five days for someone to stamp a stamp to let you in to a country.

Love life and live it well as the ginger bearded hippy in the bunk next to me said.

Now, where's my beer?

Big kisses and lots of love

S&S

xXxXx



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Lisa over lunchLisa over lunch
Lisa over lunch

where it was too hot in the sun and too chilly in the shade.


9th September 2010

Dancing days
So it's Strictly Come Dancing after you return. Your tango is very nearly as good as your Mum's, though I think I did detect one hesitation. Have to play it several times to check. Love Cyril
9th September 2010

Strictly
Ooooo what an excellent idea. I'm sure Steve would be well up for that! Lots of love xxxx
10th September 2010

wow!
Nice boobs sheryl! I wanna go to BA, where they dance on the streets... one day :)
10th September 2010

Dancing in the Street
All you need is muuusic, sweeet music, there'll be music everywhere. There'll be swinging and swaying and records playing and dancing in the street! xxx
13th September 2010

Coto misses you x
13th September 2010

Ahhh
and we miss Coto. Pass on our love xx

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb