The big BA… Buenos Aires that is.


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I last left you at the amazing Igazu falls. From here we got an overnight bus to Buenos Aires. We weren’t too sure what to expect here everybody had it very hyped up. There’s a metro/underground which made getting around a doddle. we’ve been doing so much walking around cities and its fairly exhausting. We stayed outside the city centre in the Tango section La Boca of this big big city.
We found a great little hotel for very cheap. We were delighted with this because we thought accommodation would be much more expensive in the capital. Our room had an en-suite bathroom and tv. We saw lots and lots of tango dancing. We went to see a show and saw people performing on the street too. They make it look so easy. There were lessons on too but I couldn’t convince Rico or Gary to join me so no lessons for me even though I’m fairly sure I’m a natural. We looked around great big old antique markets. I bought a few small pressies but betcha they’ll be stolen or broken before I get home so don’t hold your breath. Gary fell in love with an oil painting of 2
Dog in jerseyDog in jerseyDog in jersey

Nobody told him they were knocked out
ships. It was all different blues and metallic looking. It cost about $150 though so he didn’t invest. If it was another place and another time I definitely would have bought it for his birthday.
We went to a massive casino. Yvonne played blackjack. Started out lucky but it didn't last. Gary had a go at poker but a lost 20 dollers about 3 minutes to moved away fairly lively. It was a brilliant night not saying we made money but definitely more fun than a normal night in the pub.
Word has it the shopping in BA is amazing I only got a few small things but I think you could go mad here if you were just on holiday and if you were a bit smaller than me. The only thing I really wanted to buy was a pair of shoes for going out but any shop I went into didn’t have shoes big enough for me. Boo to that. We also went to watch the final of the world sup which was a bit of a disappointment, we went down to the area where them Irish pubs are but they were all closed for some unknown reason. When we got online later and found out the pubs don’t open until 9pm. We found another pirate themed pub to watch the match, we drank lots and lots of beer. I don’t really remember getting home but did notice that I’d twisted my ankle and put a hole in the knee of my jeans. Oh Oh. Good night had anyways or so Gary tells me. We went up to the stadium where the Boca juniors play, there massive bigger than any club I’ve been to in Europe I’d say. We would have liked to see a match but this was off season so no such luck. We saw lots more interesting stuff in this massive vibrant energetic city. We stayed there for days but I think it would take a lot longer than that to say you’ve seen it.





Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

They love Maradonna and TevezThey love Maradonna and Tevez
They love Maradonna and Tevez

no sign of Messi tho


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb