Exit Left Argentina -- la coupe del monde and the magnificent Igazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chaco » Resistencia
July 5th 2010
Published: July 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our next big stop and the one we’ve all been very mush looking forward to since Aislings and Eimears stories is Igazu falls. To get here though is a 24 hour bus ride and we’d miss the quarter final between Argentina and Germany so we decided to break it up by a stop in Résistance. This is the capital of the Chaco providence we found out once we got there.
Unfortunately this match wasn’t worth the stop for. We watched the match on a big screen in the main plaza. The atmosphere was brilliant until the second goal and it went downhill on roller skates after that. There wasn‘t too many left watching it by the time the fourth goal went in.
We weren’t getting the bus out of here until late the second night so there was quite a lot of hanging around to be done. It was Sunday though and there always seems to be lots of do in South America at weekends. Early in the day there was a sports run around the big square lots of times. We got tired cheering these lads on. It was here we also got our first Argentinean steak, it was amazing and cheap too. Then for the final part and saw people dancing the tango and samba just on a stage in the main square. It was brilliant. Everyone was out dancing young and old tale tent and not so much. Yvonne wanted to watch for hours but Gary dragged her away after an hour.; Some dance classes definitely in the pipeline for Rico and Yvonne in Buenos Aires.
Next stop Puerto Igazu. We got straight from the overnight bus to another bus to go and see the falls. We were half worried in case we would be tired and not enjoy them but boy were we wrong. No words can describe their magnificence no picture and catch the sheer size and sound of that much water falling with such speed off what looks like the end of the planet. I loved this, You could stay there for hours feeling so happy. There were hundreds of other tourists around but there seemed to be enough falls for everyone. There was lots of wildlife about too. Absolutely millions of different butterflies. Its definitely where I’d go to love if I was a butterfly too. I wonder what color I’d be.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb