Buenos Aires...during rainy days...shop, eat, drink some great wines...


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 2nd 2010
Published: August 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is my second entry on Buenos Aires in travelblog...but as usual, not many pictures...just a great time in Buenos Aires. It is also my fifth visit to Argentina, but only second one during the winter. And this time, winter weather it was, raining most of the time.

I've always been in love with the city, and we know that one day, we'll move here with Ma'ri...when? well, we know when already...

For me Buenos Aires means friends, food and shopping. Not much party time as we were too dead for it this time. So a lot of nice shopping. We have only one little problem, it's winter collection this time of the year, and we live in warm and sunny Bangkok....so not very usefull to splurge on clothing we will nearly never wear!

The best part of Buenos Aires must have been the food and the wine. As this was a short visit...we did spent a lot of time experiencing meat, wine, icecream, etc. The best part of it being our diner at Cabanas Las Lilas. This is a famous restaurant on Puerto Madero. You don't book here. You show up and they give you a beeper. After this, I'm used to sit at the bar....so at the bar with Ma'ri, ordering our first great bottle of wine. The wine list is impressive, so this is the place to go for great "reserve" wines that you may not find in your usual shop. Next...few glasses later, you receive your table....it's now time for the food, always start with some grilled provolone and chorizo...before THE thing...the steak! Ma'ri would not believe me at first when I told her that the smallest steak here is 400gr...and that it was out of question that I would let her order the children menu...only 250gr! PS we went light on the side dishes, only ordering papas souffles.

So great moment, two amazing bottles of wine later, Ma'ri was even more in love with the city...imagine this, even under the rain! We have also stock on more wine to bring back home... Enzo Bianchi...if you know your south american wine, this is more than a reference...at a very decent wine. And the best, Argentina will let you claim back VAT on wines...nice!

More shopping too, leather, shoes, clothes...what a shopping paradise that is Buenos Aires. We will be back here for sure in 2012, this time bringing Leslie with us. and if you ask, yes we did only Bs. Sadly, in life you need to make choices, and I wish we could have more hours in a day, more days in a week....to do a lot more things.

So a great time, the best part is ma'ri enjoyed it greatly also. Next stop, we are finally back with temparature above 25 degrees....nice and needed! I'm writting this while we are already out of South America, and back with Leslie...and being back with Leslie is great.

I love to travel, I love life, but more than anything I love my family...maybe because travelling is sharing for us...it's not the individual race of any kind...seeing Leslie discovering the world every day...that makes my day!

With Love from Ma'ri and I in Buenos aires....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb