Wow Buenos Aires is HOT


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 14th 2009
Published: March 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


from planefrom planefrom plane

doesnt look like we missed much going by the scenery we saw from the plane
hello,
So after 2.5 hours on a plane, we are now in buenos aires, and it is hot and humid here !! This was such a better idea than the 50plus hours on a bus to get here. We found a awesome apartment rental on bookings.com, for dirt cheap. Its great, we are in the ricoletta area which is very trendy part, and really nice. The room is cool, little kitchen, all new looking, it looks right out of an ikea catalog, which i am fine with, and even a doorman, haha. Now we can shop and cook our own food to help save some money. So the next day we went to the bike shop to see what i got us into. After a 45 minute taxi ride, but yet it was only 8 miles away from our building, lots of traffic. So finally i get to my internet purchased bike, and it looked as expected, haha. its not how it looks, its how it runs right? haha. No, it looked fine, a little dirty, and definetly used, but i saw pics, and was not suprised by it. I think C was a little taken back at first, finally seeing up close this monstrosity we will ride that i talked her into. The shop is called dakar motos, and the owner specializes in helping travelers. He is a very laid back guy, doesnt move to fast, but super nice. Of course my bike was still packed away, even though i emailed him i was coming. so after a few hours, he finally got my pig out, and our first order of buisness was to make sure both of us could fit on it. it is a 1990 suzuki dr650 enduro. So we figured hop on take a quick ride, make sure its worth our time. Well of course it didnt just start right up, its been sitting for 6 weeks now waiting for me. The kid who i bought it from just rode it from colorado all the way down, and then flew home. So we started the fun of kicking this pig over and over, then checking spark, oops plugs were loose, then more kicking, oopes gas has to be on reserve otherwise no fuel was coming out, the more kicking, nada,,,hmm. So lets change the plugs, then more kicking, well look at that now the battery is about dead,lets try and charge it a bit.. so after 10 minutes, 1 kick later roarrrrrrrrr the beast is alive. 2 hours and tons of sweat later this is. FINALLY. So c and i hop on and take a little ride.. its not bad, pretty peppy, and roomwise c said she feels fine. So i decide to have the shop do a little tune up before we head out. We did ride to a car wash and have the big dog washed before we left, now it looks like a million, well at least 50 bucks!!! haha. So typical south american pace, things take longer than expected here. We planned on leaving monday, but due to the weekend, and the owners extremely laid back work ethic, we will be here until wednesday (hopefully) now. The owner is cool,and like i said very helpful, and works cheap. I guess im used to american ways of pay alot, and get them in , get them out service. Ohh well, we now can sit back in our kick ass apartment and enjoy the city.
While at the shop we did get to meet some travelers riding there bikes all across the continent. We met 2 guys from michigan who left xmas day and just finished their trip. all the way down to ushuaia and up to BA, what an adventure, was really interesting talking to these guys, getting advice, tips etc..They were on these huge brand new bmw1200, full dress bikes.. now those were nice!
So our plan on the bike will be to ride to mendoza which is about 600 miles away, and then after that we will decide how we like it, and then either go somewhere else,or head back to BA. After the ride i will sell the bnike to someone elsewanting to ride, or a local looking to make a qucik profit on it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

me sweatingme sweating
me sweating

kicking and kicking the beast
my beastmy beast
my beast

the seat and saddle luggage bags are off it
the high tec luggage systemthe high tec luggage system
the high tec luggage system

old mlitary ammo cases i think


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb