Beautiful Women, Beautiful Buildings


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 6th 2009
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It´s a bright, warm, and sunny day!

We are slowly recovering from jet lag, but took our first malaria pills today, and can feel the effects.... We will stay in BA til Sunday or Monday, and then take the overnight bus to Iguazu Falls (an 18 hour trip) (but there are recling seats so, in theory, we will sleep.

The women here are almost all very well dressed, thin, and tanned. Even older women are dressed very fashionably, as are the little kids. Lots of clothing shops everywhere....

Yesterday we ate brunch in a cafe (probably one the more expensive ones we now think) and watched the parade of people go by. A young woman came into the cafe with black hotpants and a shirt that just covered them...long tanned legs...even the waiters (who looked pretty blase) couldn´t stop staring!

We walked most of the afternoon and evening, going to the bus and train stations to check on prices and times, and then through parks and the shopping street. It is light until around 900 pm....and people are just eating dinner then...

We decided to cook breakfast in our apartment, so shopped before returning home.
The coke bottle buildingThe coke bottle buildingThe coke bottle building

This is near our hotel.

Today we will do more of the walking tour in Recoleta, Retiro, and Centro.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

A typical streetA typical street
A typical street

There is mix of architecture everywhere.
These large trees are in all the parks.These large trees are in all the parks.
These large trees are in all the parks.

We saw this park, we think, on ¨House Hunters¨¨!
The Kavanaugh BuildingThe Kavanaugh Building
The Kavanaugh Building

Built in the 30´s, by an Irish woman..it is on the giant Avenida de 9 julio. In front is the memorial to the Maldives (Falklands) war dead.
Mural inside the Galleria PacificoMural inside the Galleria Pacifico
Mural inside the Galleria Pacifico

Wouldn´t find this kind of public art in the USA...
Av. 9 julioAv. 9 julio
Av. 9 julio

14 lanes wide....


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb