it's true, i don't want to leave!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 26th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

as much as i miss everyone, and spinach pizza, and maybe i miss working a little too, i am going to miss buenos aires INCREDIBLY!

the fact that everything experienced here is so sweet, intense, and so exhilaratingly temporary, was almost enough to make me cry on the walk home from school today.

it is evident that spring is reaching the city.
the seasons are definitely changing.
breezes are warming and flip flops have been making brief and bright appearances.
and i am bearing witness to it all.
so so very very fortunate i am.
the changing of seasons is as refreshing as the change that has occurred within me.
i now know what starry eyes are.
this experience as a whole is so radically different than anything i could have ever hoped for.
and yes another metaphor,
coming here it was cold and rainy, i was cold and rainy.
and now to leave, warm in the sun.
baked to a perfect tastiness.
i feel like i am glowing.

all the new friends, awesome food and unparalleled night life, i am going to miss immensely. when you realize how temporary this experience (or any experience, or life!) is you have no choice but to face everyday with pure passion. forget inhibition and live each day like it is your last. its so cliche and so simple. i used to nod my head and agree when people would tell me things like this. i just truly didnt understand. now i do. and i hope i dont lose this upon returning.
this feeling,
is the closest thing to bursting ive ever felt.
(this is so freaking crazy no? - who ever would have thought i'd be saying crap like this?)
not me thats for dayum sure.
anyways, recap the weekends events...
saturday night natalie and i went dancing
(at crobar.ha.ha.ha. so many boliches here have english names, its rather disappointing.)
first night of my two drink maximum rule. (good idea)
in summation an evening of electronica (ew) and overly affectionate dance partners (ew).
it's so wierd, like nothing is platonic here EVER.
straight up the first dude i danced with was GIVING ME A MASSAGE while dancing... HILARIOUS. so after escaping the third creepiest man of my life, we found some too pretty greek/argentine boys. one of which was married, which of course natalie found out after a few moments of passionately kissing this creep (ew x 7), the other, definitely the most perfect man ive ever seen in my life, however im convinced he harbors some sort of repressed homosexual feelings for his married friend (which of course i discovered after a few moments of passionately kissing THIS creep). the man was gorgeous, and i can appreciate that, but everyone knows how i like my coffee, and this cup had a little bit too much milk (blonde hair and blue eyes) and sugar yadidimean?
i digress,
last set of dance partners, freaking awesome.
locals, darker 😊, soccer players...
had so much fun...
(i totally got a marriage proposal. ha. ha.)
and they took us out to dinner sunday night, which was also an amazing time.
it was awesome to actually be in that situation, and HAVE to speak spanish (with a diego luna look alike).
prior to this double date, went to san telmo for a huge antique fair which was amazing but attracted a few too many tourists. it was like a huge chaotic open air museum, followed by more delicious ice cream!

all for now! fotos soon!
xoxox
ciao.







Advertisement



26th August 2008

<3
29th August 2008

i want to experience this glow that you've experienced <3

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb