Argentina


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First of many HUGE Argentinian steaksFirst of many HUGE Argentinian steaksFirst of many HUGE Argentinian steaks

This one came with 14 sides - we really didn't need the nibbles they fed us while we waited for a table and the fried cheese concotion that came out with this slab of cow.
Welcome to South America - first stop BA, Argentina, home of steak, tango, wine, dulce de leche and mate.

The first big challenge was trying to post our winter gear home. There is only one place in BA that you can do that from so after navigating a bus across town we had to figure out what the 3 step system for package posting was - get the contents checked by 1 woman, who signs off to say all ok but never gives her form to anyone - I have no idea how stages 2 and 3 know she has given the all clear. Stage 2 - a dude wraps the entire bag in clothe and sews it all up and then stage 3 - the actual post guys weigh it, charge you a ridiculous amount of money and then you pray your bag is actually going to make it home (but quite possibly not before you do). Despite that, I do like this city. We get breakfast brought to us each moring - coffee and dulce de leche that will keeping you on a caffine and sugar high all day - we get to siesta each afternoon there is a garden with hammocks at our casa, wine is excellent and cheap and steaks are cut in legendary proportions (not that I care but everyone else seems to love them and even I folded and had some, very good!). We are stayed in Palermo, a great ares full of bards, cafes, clubs, etc so you can eat, drink and party all night if you want to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb