Buenos-Evita and Recoleta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 3rd 2008
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday I went to see richer parts of Buenos. I visited museum of Evita Peron, who is considered Saint by Argentinian people. In the museum, besides her photos and posters from times when she was an artists, and her home equipment, there are displayed pictures of Evita as Virgine Mary. I was shoked by movie showing balsamed body of Evita, who had cancer and died at the age of 33. The body had broken nose, is lacking of ear and has feet damaged. When Peron lost power, body of Evita went missing and after many years was found in this condition. At last she was burried at Recoleta Cementary.
Cementary itself is amazing. Each grave is like a sculpture. The guide said is the 3rd one in the world in the hierarchy of cementaries. Unfortunatly she spoke Spanish and I couldnĀ“t get what this hierarchy is based on. The worthy people of Buenos Aires were burried at Recoleta Cementary.

Yesterday was a day of neighbours for me. I met Russian girl, German girls and a group of Polish people. Poles were sailing from Antarctica up to Buenos. It must ahve been a pleasant trip.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.1kb