Iguazu Falls and "The Devils Throat"


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 21st 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after three days in a Bolivian Jeep, 12 hours on a bus to Salta and a day on a horse what could be better than a 29 hour bus journey to Iguazu!! To be fair the driver did stop once, for an hour , for lunch but other that that Shannon and I were forced to remain seated on the bus for 29 hours, the reclining seats , around the clock meals and champagne did make the trip easier but this was easily the longest bus journey of my trip so far!

When we arrived in Iguazu we were hardly prepared for the tropical heat, which sounds lovely and is lovely, when your by the pool in a bikini (or smock in my case), but when your heaving around a back pack virtually the same size as you, searching for a hostel in peak season you begin to miss the English rain!

Can´t believe I said that ... take it back, take it back!

Once we were in the bikinis, we really started to enjoyed Iguazu (probably more than the people who had to look at me like a beached whale by the pool exposing the white bits for the first time in an eternity!) and we spent a few days checking out the town and buying lots of lovely "things". However, the whole point in going to Iguazu is to see the falls and they definitely don't disappoint. We spent the whole day in the national park and the first thing we wanted to do was see the falls from ´la Garganta del Diablo´. It was really amazing and the water is so loud you can barely speak to each other. A lot of people had said that we should see the falls from the Brazilian side of the boarder but when we arrived on the Argentinean side we could see how we could be more impressed (plus Shannon had to pay $100 into Brazil) so we didn´t bother. We were however, impressed further when we decided to take a boat ride in to falls, it makes you realise how little you are when that much water is falling on you and also how hot the day is when all your clothes are dry with in ten minutes!

I loved Iguazu but could barely contain my excitement for our next and what was to be my ultimate destination......



Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb