ive been tangoed


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 18th 2008
Published: January 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

FootballFootballFootball

Im the one in the white shorts with the sexy legs
Hola people

Yesterday went to my first (and not necessarily last) argentine tango lesson. I was thinking it was gonna be in a small studio with a big mirror down one side. actually i dont really know what i was expecting but i happily went along with an open mind, a bit of Dutch courage and 6 foot something of Dutch persuasion courtasey of of my scarey but lovely classmate Ana (shes sitting next to me as i write this so im gonna have to be careful) whose from near Amsterdam and was determined she didnt want to make a fool of herself on her own. Loads of people from the school rolled up outside this community centre in the district of palermo. We headed downstairs to the hall for the dance class only to find around 100 argentinian line dancers strutting their stuff to some piece of middle of the road country and western crap. Oh dear.

Luckily that horrible image only lasted twenty odd minutes before they moved on the and the tango class started. At first the girls and guys lined up opposite each other and learnt the basic moves on there own before we had
Football 2Football 2Football 2

More good pressing high up the pitch by me. I calmly took the ball shortly after this was taken
to pair up with random people (trying to avoid the older ones caked in make up). I managed to find the girls from the school to dance with. Others werent so lucky. Ana´s embaressment was saved by her knight in shining armour, eric and, despite Ana tall slender frame towering over erics bulky Texan deep fried chicken wings torso, they danced the night away (for at least an hour or so). As for myself. I recieved a bit of praise from the girls i danced with and was told for a beginner i wasnt too bad at all. This has given me the confidence to continue in my education of the world of dance.

Last night the couple im staying with had some friends round and I learnt what an Argentinian diner party involves. Basically meat, a shed load of red wine and lots of very fast talking and exagerrated arm movements. I cudnt understand anything so i just sat there politely and got trashed.

This week ive got my hands on tickets for River Plate - Boca Juniors a week on saturday. Apparently people die in riots every year at this fixture. It cant be that bad.
Diner after tangoDiner after tangoDiner after tango

Ana, Moi, Jamie and Eric
Ive met Millwall fans. Anyway i cant wait.

Adios. Talk to you all again soon.

p.s in toilet news. i think the lack of fruit and veg in my diet is starting to take effect so as i write this im tucking into a big bag of grapes and a bananna. il keep you posted.






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Ana, the TeacherAna, the Teacher
Ana, the Teacher

She really enjoys having her picture taken, especially when she turns up to lessons as drunk as she was this day
ClaudiaClaudia
Claudia

Shes Swiss and drives an original VW Beatle and can get quite agressive when drunk
AnnaAnna
Anna

Shes a training to be a lawyer in New York. She says she gets through long days in the office by shooting up some heroin.


6th February 2008

Chicken Wing Torso?
I cant help the love handles.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb