DAY 22


Advertisement
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ocean viewOcean viewOcean view

from airport.
Left Salta at 9am in the morning an ariived at Buenos Aires by plane. Collected our baggage and waited for a cab to the hostel. The view from the airport was amazing, ocean straight ahead. We checked into our hostel right in the city center overlooking Avenida 9 de Julio. Its name honors Argentina's Independence Day. (July 9, 1816). It is claimed to be the widest avenue in the world. The avenue consists of twelve lanes, six on each side. And can be a nightmare for predestrians to cross. With the Obelisk of Buenos Aires located in the center of the Plaza de la República (Republic Square), the spot where the Argentine flag was flown for the first time in Buenos Aires, at the intersection of Nueve de Julio and Corrientes avenues. The obelisk dominates the city center and is a good pointer to use when one is lost.

We then decide to go out and explore the town a bit and grab some lunch. It was about lunch time, the city center was so busy in was unbelievable - we had seen nothing like it before. We didnt even know where we were going, seemed like we were being
The ObeliskThe ObeliskThe Obelisk

on Av 9 de Julio.
pushed along by the crowd. Managed to find a spot to enjoy some lunch and got a window seat. Watched in amazement as the crowd rushed by - in an awful hurry. No one seemed to be strolling, they all were brisk walking. After lunch we ventured out again and managed to see some of Buenos Aires before returning to the hostel for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Street RobotStreet Robot
Street Robot

had me convinced it was a robot.
ArtArt
Art

on top of shop.


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb