wow


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
September 6th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Phew! incredible happenings, beunes aires is truly a city to step back and take a big (smoke filled) breath. I think my last account stops at mendoza.. since then we have jumped on a bus and traversed the open plains for a good 16 hours, arriving here just in time for a morning cuppa tea with all these folk still up from the night before! its very common to have dinner, nap until about 2 then head out to a club and jump up and down furiously.. a strange thing, as me and nick keep getting pissed by midnight and passing out. the city is in the dark and dirtyish vibe of melbourne, half way to disintegration in some parts, with other parts seemingly incredibly rich and new. The plazas here are very cool, big parklands that sit inbetween sky scrapers and always have a good hundred folk resting, walkin around, and weirldy enough roaming nurses who check your blood pressure/general health! strange!
the hostel we are in i could easily move into.. cool owners who are basically, i reckon, on the whacky backy 24 hours a day.. they seem to just roam around this place talkin to all of us, constantly giving us advice on whats hip and interesting, and the rest of the sime making sure theres plenty of good food to chow down on.. also they do litres of beer for 5 pesos (maybe 2 dollars in our money). So.. we are here for a week and have already done a fair bit of sightseeing, but there are a bunch more museums to see, probably some tango, and also a football game on sunday. woohoo!
missing yáll but in love with this country.
lockie

Advertisement



7th September 2007

Info
hi, could you please tell me the name of the hostel you mentioned in this blog. It sound cool. Thanks
17th September 2007

hullo!
hey sorry for the delayed reply, not great at the internet over here on foreign computers! the hostel was called Chill House, if its not too late.. very nice vibe. good luck!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb