Sunny autumn greetings from Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This will be my - Martina's - first entry in the travel blog, which Marieke already started well a couple of weeks ago. The arrival in Buenos Aires was all fine - after 24h+ of travel (started in Austria, departed from Germany, visited UK, took a break in Brazil....) I finally arrived in this very nice, elegant and European-style city. Marieke gave me some updates on her first weeks in Latin America while we were enjoying a nice cafe au lait surrounded by busy business people on their break from work :-)

Then - in the afternoon - we took a city tour which brought us indeed to very nice places, which during the next days in B.A. we will discover with more time. But after the exhausting travel it was nice to sit in the bus, half-asleep and have us chauffeured around. Then the long awaited and afterwards much applaused Argentinian steak was becoming reality... after which I almost fall asleep.

And today, after a good rest and a very nice breakfast in one of the typical cafeterias (which are so nicely similar to those in Madrid or Murcia) we explored the recommended travel agency from Micha & Christian "furlong-fox" and made the schedules for the upcoming weeks before we head off to Rio de Janeiro on 4th June.

So the plans are as following:
We will leave on Friday and take a ferry to Mondevideo, the capital of Uruguay. Apparently, our travel guide book says that Uruguay is the Switzerland of Latin America - quite a quote, which we will need to check out. We will then head west to Colonia de Sacramento, which is close to the Argentinian border and have a ferry back on 18th Mayo to Buenos Aires. And then on 20th of Mayo we have a flight to Mendoza to explore the wineyards, mountains and great landscapes of Argentinia. On the map, Mendoza looks like being very near to Santiago de Chile, but I guess distancias are not comparable with those in the Netherlands or Austria, indeed :-) And then, on 28th of Mayo we head back to Argentinia, to then take another flight to the waterfalls of Iguazu, which should really be a highlight, according to all the great stories and pictures we got from this place. We will stay a couple of days there, to be right in time in Rio de Janeiro to start our tour on June 4th. We decided not to spend time in Brazil before arriving to Rio de Janeiro (apart of that time we will need to spend to travel there) - mainly due to the fact that we will spend quite some time in Brazil afterwards but also as of security reasons ... yes, we take care of ourselves :-) So, now we are very excited about the upcoming weeks, while enjoying the time in Buenos Aires as well. This evening we are attending a tango show, and tomorrow - fingers crossed - we hopefully will be able to visit the famous Theatre Colon ... I really hope this will be possible.

So, everything is perfecto so far - I hope back to your place the sun is shining similarily bright today! All the best & keep you updated soon.

Martina & Marieke

Advertisement



9th May 2007

Hi Marieke and Martina! Good that you two can start your adventure together now!! Marieke the Inca trail sounds amazing!!!! Have fun you two, and I am so looking forward of meeting you in Costa Rica in August...takes a while though....besos, Centa
10th May 2007

Just a little jealous
Hey girls, just had a little break (yes still in the office) and read about your travel plans. It really sounds great and I am only a tiny little bit jealous, while sitting in the beautiful Chemical park of Leverkusen, imagine how an original Argentina Steak taste…. Please keep us updated – we deserve it !!! Have a great time and take care

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb