BA Days


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
April 11th 2007
Published: April 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

aaa

seb after a night out (he dosent smoke they were mine)
Hello all

The latest blog is from the capital of Argentina- Buenos Aires. Got off the bus and got the subway to the hostel of choice ´the Milhouse´ which is big among travelers, and is easily the biggest hostel so far. To prove its sive in the basement it had its own travel agency-bizzare. Anyway got there and went to wake dan up from a drunken haze. We had planned to go to see Boca Juniors play, but we thought it was the next day. When we arrived the coach from the hostel was leaving in twenty mins, so after some deliberation we decided to go with the hostel. The game was brilliant, the atmosphere is completly different to English games, firstly we were in a standing section which was crammed, secondly the fans are crazy-brilliant. The game finished 2-0 to Boca (they were playing Nuevo Chicago) also Nuevo got some guy sent off, so the game had everything.

Got back to the hostel and met up with Rich and Mark and another couple of British Lads that me and seb had met in Uruguay (small world) and went for an all you can eat Chinese, the damage
aaa

river at night
was 2 pounds- Some things are so chep here. The night was amazing got drunk in the hostel, and went to a club called Opera Bay, which is modeled after the Sydney Opera house, brilliant club, great music, lots of drink-great night.

Awoke the next afternoon in not the best of shapes. Decided to have a look at the shops nearby, dont think anybody got anything, just ended up going to the cinema and watching a couple of films-ghostrider (utter crap) and 300 (utter brilliance). As it was a sunday we didnt think that anything was going on, but turned out there was another club to go to. Same as the night before- lots of alcohol and a great club. The next day cant really remember what i did in the day nothing of any importance, think I brought some jeans. There was a party in the hostel where they bring in a DJ and clear out the dance floor, music stopped at 2am so the plan was to go and find a club after, in the end we just went to a couple of bars.

Next day we all felt terrible, so went and had a lunch
aaa

the monument near hostel (if you notice the pattern that there are no photos during the day)
out, chilled for a bit then went to the all you can eat Chinese again later. Watched the Liverpool thrashing of PSV in the middle. The plan was to have an early night, so that I would be able to party hard the next and final night in BA. Actually stuck to the plan and only dan went out to a Drum n Bass night. That meant that for the first time in BA that i awoke feeling normal which was nice. That day I went on the internet for a bit and watched the Champ leauge when Roma beat us (2.1) I was alittle dissapointed, but knew we could beat them in the next leg (oh how i was right). After the football was over all the guys went out and had a steak (brilliant once again) and then got on it. Rest of the night was a bit of a blur. Had to check out at 10am which wasent pleasent, our bus that day was a night bus so we just chilled out for the rest of the day until catching our bus to the next destination-Neuquen.

I know that i didnt do anything related with being cultural, but we plan had planed to return to BA after our week detox in the Lake Districtm, and we can do it all then.

Hope everybody is good, dont be strangers.

LOTS OF LOVE PETERX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb