Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 26th 2023
Published: January 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Metropolitan CathedralMetropolitan CathedralMetropolitan Cathedral

Bird and Veronica entering the Cathedral. Quite a bit different than the two we saw in Rio. While not terrible large this is how a cathedral should be constructed.
This post will likely win the title of our shortest. We spent two days in Buenos Aires and, on one, toured the city with Veronica and her wonderful driver. The city is less dense, and traffic more civilized than Rio, although we're not sure Veronica agrees with either conclusion. There are no captivating landscapes as in Rio, and while the architecture seems better, there is not much to photograph. In fact, we only have the Cathedral to show you.

While we enjoyed Marcio in Rio, Veronica is a highly polished professional. She provided extensive history of everything we saw as well as of the country in general.

We depart the hotel on 26 January at the absurd time of 5:45 am for a flight to Ushuaia. This is the most southern city in the world. It is above the Antarctic circle yet much colder than within the Artic circle in Northern Europe where we actually complained of the heat a few years ago. I read the reason is due to Antarctica being surrounded by water, while the Artic has a great deal of land. But for Northern Europe the gulf stream is obviously a major player.

We remain
Jose de San MartinJose de San MartinJose de San Martin

This is the tomb of the man who liberated Argentina, Chile, and Peru in that order. These folks stand nearly motionless for two hours before relief. Location is a chapel inside the Cathedral. Never before observed military inside a cathedral.
in Ushuaia only briefly before departing for the second continent in this journey. For folks without knowledge of the destination, we are sure the suspense is unbearable 😉. We promise to provide information soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Changing of the GuardChanging of the Guard
Changing of the Guard

Relief is on the way. Fella in middle is the commander. He is exempt from standing guard.
Change CeremonyChange Ceremony
Change Ceremony

Two happy folks and two not so happy.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb