It takes all sorts..


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
January 9th 2011
Published: January 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Vast OceanVast OceanVast Ocean

Nigel's only escape now 750 mile swim
Sunday 9th
Nice evening last night with a Beatles tribute band and a lazy start to today. Almost like we were on holiday :-) Captain has just announced that temperature up to 19 degrees outside and rising. We braved a game of deck quoits this morning and thankfully were paired up together and so knocked out of the competition very early thus avoiding any unpleasantness with any serious quoiters... mostly a bit of fun, but one or two do take it far too seriously! Have met some interesting people totally topped by a VERY strange lady at breakfast must have been nearly ninety but with eyelashes of aboout inch and a half long... painted up like a very creased doll and dripping with diamonds yes, I did say breakfast !!!She was most upset that P&O did not offer an upper class service so that they could be distinguished from riff raff like us haha! You do see some very odd people, but all in all, just amusing. Off in a mo for another dancing lesson and it will be the first formal night this evening so need to be ready early for drinkie-poos with the Captain first. Have also met up with a couple with the lady being a seamstress, professional wedding dress maker, so she has offered to help if needed with the dress etc, so going to have a trying on session later just to make sure I have not eaten too many pies yet... will update you tomorrow!

Advertisement



10th January 2011

Time difference
Thanks for all the news one question is 11am GMT time or your local time. If your local time what is the time difference please? Jude is absolutely fine and is very much at home with her new home and their routine. Hope the weather continues to improve love mum x

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb