Day 11 – At Sea off the Coast of Ecuador and Peru


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
December 16th 2012
Published: January 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our second Sunday at Sea and doing our usual Sunday routine. Biggest change is the temperature has dropped back into the high 60’s and low 70’s today, but we are closest to the Sun, so this is somewhat misleading. Carol is down for a bunch of Foo Foo stuff today while Steve watches football and reads, but he did agree to take Tango lessons (he did draw the line at line dancing lessons, however, which Carol and her friend Jenny will do solo). Today we were introduced the “The Thong” (NOT to be confused with “The Thing”). Folks, we are talking about 250 pounds of prime pork roaming the deck here, wearing (seriously) a thong pulled right up you know where. It was an OMG moment for both of us… Steve was sunning on the Sun deck when the bridge came on and told us there was a huge pod of dolphins sighted off the starboard bow of the ship. He ran down five decks of stairs and grabbed his camera, but the dolphins were aft by the time he could get any shots off, so they are pretty poor. The bridge officer also spotted a pod of Blue Whales earlier in the morning, but didn’t announce it (or we slept through it after the post-midnight party this a.m.). Went to a “Best of Motown” song and dance show and saw an amazing magician who is on the ship direct from Vegas tonight.



WOW! What a Niner’s game tonight. We are the same as EST here, so game was not over until after midnight, but it was GREAT to see them not choke like in the old days! Shooter’s Cigar Bar was packed with Niner fans, and the new Cigaros Cubanos taste GREAT with Jack!! Looks like the Niners are on again next Sunday – Everyone likes a winner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb