Freedom Gained, March 23, 2011


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
March 23rd 2011
Published: April 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

March 23rd, 2010
31 35.135N
116 45.458W
Location: Heading South from Ensenada
Speed 7.9 knots
Sail: Motor sailing with Main
Crew: just finished grilled sandwich lunch.. and happy

Comments: Torches and pitchforks were on the ready. Plans for demonstrations, revolts and media blitzing were made in the Jacuzzi. Then we woke to glassy seas and a clear sunny wind-less day. We knew #2 could find no excuse to keep us captive any longer. #2 didn't. #2, who we found out is the dude that takes care of the light houses, did the job needed while #1 was in Mexico City on vacation, and he opened the port. At 9am, our papers were delivered and Marina bill scrubbed clean by management as an apology for any wrongs they may have committed concerning the rock 20 feet to the left of the small buoy marked "BOAT" that actually marked where an obstruction was not.

We depart happy and enjoying a cold light breeze and sunny skies. We are fishing but not catching. We have sails up but are not sailing because yesterday was the good sailing day when #2 denied us exit (yes, we are still just a tiny bit bitter about that). Winds are supposed to build, so hopefully we can sail soon. We have stored our pitchforks and torches for another day and feel a weight lift as we head away from civilization and along the rocky shores of Pacific Baja. Life is good.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb