Day 5 Tuesday at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
September 23rd 2009
Published: September 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today is another 25 hour day, with the clocks rolling back at 2:00 AM again. That means we are making progress going westward and getting closer to the islands. We are also getting further south so the seas are smoother and the temperature warmer. This is actually going to be a “shorts day” for a change.

Today’s travel episode is about Oahu, which is the only port where we have not yet booked our excursion. We had read some tour brochures but were able to learn more from the session. We went down a signed up for an all-day tour, should have time to get back into the hotel before dinner and then still have a chance to do something else on the last day before we leave for the airport. So we are going to include as much as possible once we get to the islands.

Tuesday’s breakfast was back in the restaurant and lunch was at the buffet.

We went to the morning trivia. It was up in the Pacific Lounge which has a great view overlooking the bow of the ship as it continues the trip southwest. We were a team of 6 today with two couples from Denver but that only increased our score from 10 to 11 (out of 20). Of course the questions were quite a bit harder today.

We had a fairly uneventful time during the day. Janet got a nice nap and David spent time up on the deck reading and watching people. It doesn’t sound very exciting but it was indeed restful.

Dinner was “continental” which really seemed to mean dishes from Europe. We tried some of the things but it was easier to refrain from the more exotic items (like escargot). David had little steaks and Janet had the pork. We really have been quite adventurous with the food. But there is never a shortage of things to eat, so don’t worry about us coming home hungry. During dinner the other two couples (the young couple did not show up again) discovered that they are booked on the same cruise to Europe next April. Of course we cannot go then because of tax season.

We went to the evening show which was a “humorous magician”. He did a few tricks but it was mostly a comedy act. Everyone was laughing and we had a very good time. Janet wanted to stay up to see the late movie, but we ran out of steam again and did not make it (guess there is another one to add to the Netflix list).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb