Fiji,a pacific pearl


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
November 15th 2008
Published: December 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=lFzZ6nL5vi4]
Bounty IslandBounty IslandBounty Island

Welcome to paradise!! Not the biggest island in the world..Walked around it in 30 minutes..
On our "operation see all of the Pacific",the journey continued further from Vanuatu with a week stop-over in Fiji before heading for Samoa.

Since Børre has been island jumping the islands of Fiji a couple of times before, we decided to find a small island and just relax for the week,and enjoy the great island-life.

The tiny little island of Bounty,were the televisionshow"Celebrity Love Island"is filmed became our destination. Not easy to make a choice, when Fiji consists of some 332 islands with white sandy beaches, crystalline seas, world class snorkeling, diving and surfing. And all of this make Fiji a magnet for travelers from all over the world.

Arriving Nadi late at night meant we had to spend the first night on the main island Viti Levu. We found a shitty (but cheap) room at a backpacker in Nadi, and arranged our trip to Bounty Island from there(it turned out to be cheaper if you arrange a Bounty Island trip from the airport,shit!!).

Travelling up to the Yasawa group which was our first plan, turned out to be far too expensive for us, so we decided to go to Bounty Island in the Mamanuca group instead.
Bounty IslandBounty IslandBounty Island

View from our bure(bungalow)
And what a great decision!

The boat ride out to the island took only 30 min from Viti Levu, and when we arrived at this beautiful love island we knew we had come to paradise! The locals were singing a welcome song for us when we jumped from the boat and on to the beautiful beach,a real pacific arrival so to say.

The coral island is so small you can actually walk around it in only 30 min(10 minutes if you are Børre), small bures (bungalows) by the white sandy beach and a nice dining area with a bar and a pool next door.

The snorkeling just outside our front door was amazing. Marine life like we’ve never seen before. Børre even saw several sharks (3 blacktips and 1 big white or silver tip reef shark) just a few meters from the shore while snorkeling!!!!

Marianne became quite good at snorkeling as well, but the sharks thaang still seems a bit scary for her….

Our days went by with swimming, snorkeling, relaxing in the hammock, reading and just enjoying this amazing island. We also met a nice couple from Norway, Cathrine and Tor Aslak that
Bounty IslandBounty IslandBounty Island

Corals & fish
we spent some time with, having some beers and fun together.Really great to catch up with some vikings again(loong time since we talked norwegian with someone).

The week went by quite fast,so we had to move on to our next destination wich is Samoa,so keep on following our blog-stuff.

and yess,we're still having a great time and hope you all are freezing your asses of..ha ha


PS. Have a look at our video we made from this beautiful island (click the link underneath the text).


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Vanuatu - FijiVanuatu - Fiji
Vanuatu - Fiji

on our way to the next paradise destination
FijiFiji
Fiji

Overlooking Bounty Island(right island) when closing up to Nadi Airport
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Pictures from around the island
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

the view from our bure(bungalow)
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Met a couple from Norway; Cathrine & Tor Aslak. Had a great time together.
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Poolside by the beach(never used it,but nice anyway)
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Our dining area
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Best snorkeling so far..so many colours & fish to see in this beautiful water.
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Underwater stuff
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

School of parrot fish
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Corals and stuff
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Underwater stuff
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Barracuda on the right!!
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

Stingray swimming 1 meter from the beach!!
Bounty IslandBounty Island
Bounty Island

The island/sea/corals


16th December 2008

Hei
Hei, beautiful blog, my favorite coworker ;) Looks like paradise, and what a great video!! Enjoy the rest of the trip. See you in a couple of months:) Anne.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb