Vanuatu


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
November 2nd 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=jqxFpUqjf3g]Sun,beachlife,snorkeling and holiday in the holiday,after the holiday,before the holiday is the best way to describe our time here in the tropical islands of the Pacific ocean.

After 5000km of extreme-travelling in New Zealand, we really looked forward to relaxing in the tropical paradise islands of the Pacific.

Our first stop got to be Vanuatu and the beautiful island of Efate, which is the main island in this tine little country.

After a warm welcome at the airport, with traditional music and singing, we found a place to stay just 5 min from Port Vila, the capital. A great resort called Coconut Palm Resort, where we got a nice room for practically nothing...We just had to book through a “last minute booking” number to get the half price,ha ha..We never thought we could afford to stay in a resort like this on our budget..

Due to steep prices on inland flights, we decided to stay on Efate and take daytrips around the island and to some islands outside Efate, instead of going to the other big islands in Vanuatu.

Efate is Vanuatu’s heart, a central island that buzzes with some tourists, commercial, industrial and educational activities. Here you find the capital Port Vila, a pretty town with the nicest harbour, hotels, kind of “gourmet restaurants” and an exciting range of activities and events.
Just a short (free) ferry ride away you find the amazing islands of Iririki and Erakor. These islands are made up as resorts, but anyone can go there and spend their days on the beach. We spent 2 days on both islands, and had a great time with swimming, snorkeling, kayaking and ending the days with great food while enjoying the amazing pacific sunset.

One of our highlights was a daytrip to a small village called Iarofa, where we could see how the warriors used to live and how the natives still use the nature for hunting, fishing, food preservation and so on. Really interesting. They performed a tradional dance and a crazy guy walked on burning stones!!! Quite a sight!

After the village we vent to Turtle Bay to look at turtles and a Murrey as well as having our lunch, before our day ended at the beautiful Blue Water Resort area where we went on a kayak trip (with a shitty kayak).Also we did some snorkeling and Børre finally
Iarofa villageIarofa villageIarofa village

Traditional hunting dance
got to “play” with some sharks, jippi!

All in all, Vanuatu was a great experience, and to finally have some warm weather and do some swimming and snorkeling again was really great.

Our days flew bye with beach, eating and sleeping, and exploring the town and it’s surroundings, so we had to move on to our next destination on our “operation see all of the Pacific” wich is Fiji, so keep on reading our blogs!!!

PS.hope all of you are freezing your asses of..ha ha.



Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Port VilaPort Vila
Port Vila

Coconut Palm resort..niiiice.
Port VilaPort Vila
Port Vila

Coconut Palm Resort, Relaxing in the pool..
Port VilaPort Vila
Port Vila

Coconut Palm Resort
Port VilaPort Vila
Port Vila

Marked
Port VilaPort Vila
Port Vila

Harbour
Port VilaPort Vila
Port Vila

Harbour
Port VilaPort Vila
Port Vila

Carcrash stuff..and aaall the people had to watch..ha ha
Port VilaPort Vila
Port Vila

Pacific art on buildings
Iririki islandIririki island
Iririki island

Iririki island seen from Port Vila
Iririki islandIririki island
Iririki island

Sunset over the bungalows
Erakor islandErakor island
Erakor island

On the way to paradise
Erakor islandErakor island
Erakor island

On the boat


26th June 2010
Iarofa village

Thank you
Thank you so much for helping us promote our culture in the internert.
26th October 2012

thank you
thanks very much to you. love the pictures. thanks very much for your time here in Vanuatu, and hope very much to see more in your blog soon. u take care out there and God bless you :)

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb