The heat gets turned up....


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Tasman Sea
October 28th 2009
Published: October 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Australians call in "Tarka" weather, it's like normal weather but a little otter!

There have been some comments, well only one, who has mentioned it that our crazy adventure stories are a bit long! So we've thought about this and decided to narrow it down a bit!

Thus far in Australia we have done the following;

Been to Hervey Bay and saw humpback whales, and spent the day on Fraser Island in a 4wheel drive lorry, 
Enjoyed a session at a winery and sampled some wine, bought a coupla bottles and sampled more later,
Went to Great Keppel Island and stayed 2 nights in a safari tent, listened to lots of wild life throughout the night, and some blokes wild girlfriend in the morning! She should have been approached with more caution, or not fed after midnight! Also went snorkelling and lazed about on the beaches for the few days we were there. Got harrassed at meal times by lorekeets who tried to steal the food off your plates! And saw possums with baby possums and funny looking birds that we don't know the name of!
Drove up to Airlie Beach and spent the day snorkling on the great barrier reef, which is the most amazing place in the world!

In addition to these cool adventures we have done the usual things like laundry, bit of shopping at supermarkets, went out for a beer or two and navigated our way up the east coast of Australia. We didn't do that of course after we'd had a beer or two, despite the other day getting pulled over by a Policeman who was doing random breath tests.

After getting back from our 2 days on Great Keppel Island we got back to our camper and stayed over on a cheap an cheerful site just down the road. We started to get something to eat when disaster had struck upon our fridge. The battery had gone flat over the 3 days we were away! And you guessed it the worst thing ever to happen in a hot climate like this.... WARM BEER! A quick illegal hook up to the power supply, as we paid for an unpowered site and 'you beut' she was up an running agin! 
So hope that has satified your curiosity  on Wic and Lisab's around the world in more than 80 days.
You have a Great Keppel day now!

Advertisement



3rd November 2009

It gets otter and otter
Hi you two, you sound as if you don't want to come home!!! we got your parcel, unfortunately we opened it, Mum thought it was a birthday present for her.... but don't worry we have parcelled it up again... Its getting really cold here now and the days are shorter, you know usual winter in blighty.. I am possibly going to Nigeria next week, not looking forward to it Mum has doubled my life insurance!!!, should be back on the 5th Dec. you two enjoy yourselves and we will be looking forward to your homecoming, I'm not sure you will be, love to you both, Dadxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb