At Sea

Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
November 22nd 2009
Published: November 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well today was a sea day and was all about what sea days should be. I started the day with posting yesterday’s blog and then headed up to mass in the Queen’s Lounge. There was quite a group at least 60 people there and the priest said there were 45 at the one Sat night. He’s from Philadelphia and seems very nice. He has done mission work in Peru and with the Zulu tribes in Africa. I’m sure he has some interesting stories.

After mass I grabbed a quick breakfast since I figured Lin would still be asleep but she got up shortly after I got back to the cabin. So after she had something to eat she headed off to the Port shopping talk while I went to Bingo in the Crow’s nest. Looks like this is definitely a Bingo type cruise. There were lots of people there and Casey who’s in charge of it is very nice and funny. Much better than the girl we had on the Prinsendam last summer. The prices were in the $150 - $250 range but I didn’t even get to stand. Was 2 numbers away every game. After that I headed down to find Lin who was going to be sitting out on the promenade deck.

We headed up to the Lido for lunch and she was in the sandwich line while I decided to go get a burger. That took forever. They’d bring out hotdogs and cheeseburgers for you to make your own and you were supposed to order lamb/veggie/salmon/turkey burgers at the window so I was trying to get a hamburger. They kept telling me they were on the table but I kept saying I didn’t want cheese (why do they always think everyone wants cheese?). Eventually a few others were there wanting the samething and we did eventually get them but at that point Lin was done eating. She’d ended up sitting with a woman from the CC board. Hadn’t met them at the meeting since it didn’t last very long.

We then went back to the cabin for a bit before the next Bingo session at 4. Lin was going to go sit out on deck again but had lost her keycard so we went and had a new one made. This Bingo was the one where you can win $100,000 but only if you get a blackout in 46 numbers or less. Needless to say no one won that or the snowball (which was already at $800) in 50 numbers. There were a lot of people playing again and except for the blackout I was always 2 numbers away again.

It was then time to get ready for dinner since it was our first formal night. Since we have open seating they’d said it was best to get there before 6:30 or after 8 so you didn’t have to wait. We headed up there about 6:15 and had to wait in line for a few minutes but not too bad. They sat us with a couple from NJ/Fl and one from Montreal. They were all very nice and we had a very nice meal. I had the rack of lamb and Lin ordered the Land & Sea without the Sea. Dessert was best since they had the chocolate soufflé which is one of my favorites.

We then headed to the Main Stage for the Captain’s toast and the cast show called In Concert. The cast if very good and everyone seemed to enjoy it. We topped off the night with a visit to the Piano lounge. He was doing name that tune with mostly older songs but very enjoyable other than some people at the booths behind us talking too loudly.

So that was our sea day and we enjoyed it thoroughly.


23rd November 2009

At Sea
Thanks for the info Sharon, I did try to call you last Friday, I for got when you were leaving. Wish I was with you guys. Have a great time. Looking forward to your next Blog. Janet

Tot: 1.254s; Tpl: 0.056s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb