November 25, 2012 - Newlywed Cruise - Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean » Gulf of Mexico
November 25th 2012
Published: July 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

(I'm writing this blog entry in 2014, but wanted to share as much as I can remember along with the pictures!)

The Oasis of the Seas is HUGE! We had a blast on this ship. We cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale on our honeymoon.

There are multiple areas including the pool(s), central park with real trees, and a carnival area complete with a carousal. It even has an ice skating rink. Most ships have a single tower of rooms, this one actually splits the room blocks into two so that you have complete open air in the middle of the ship. The result is balconies that can face the action, or face the water. There is a zipline and 2 flowriders (waves / boogie boarding), putt putt, rock climbing wall, dive show theatre... it goes on and on!

The vocalist in the pub was going hoarse, and Jason got to sing almost nightly to help him out. (It's ok, he really is a professional!)

One of the definite downers from this trip was getting food poisoning. I'm 99% certain I got it from the seafood shack. The food didn't taste quite right, but I stupidly ate it anyways thinking it was just a different batter and also because it was an upcharge to even eat there. I learned my lesson and spent the next day (luckily a sea day) sick in the room. I felt well enough to get off the boat in Cozumel, but I was still very puny. It put a really big damper on our honeymoon.

Our cruise took us to Labadee (Haiti), Falmouth (Jamaica), and Cozumel (Mexico). Check out the next entries for pictures from those days and also for the entry on Ft. Lauderdale. Here is the video montage!




Additional photos below
Photos: 87, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Oasis of the SeasOasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas

Inside facing balcony rooms


Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 28; qc: 115; dbt: 0.1333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb