Cloudy day but no evacuation


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
November 3rd 2016
Published: November 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

up to the sundeck and left our bags and towels in the hope the clouds would clear, ever the optimist.

Grabbed some breakfast and checked what was going on on the rest of the ship. Realised there was one of our favourite events on, the presentation from the chief officers. Always good fun and very informative. As usual with NCL the captain and crew are good fun. The captain, as I mentioned was same as our previous Epic trip and the hotel director the same too, just a new chief engineer. Anyway most people asked sensible questions, even the lady who asked how many eggs the ship goes thru on a crossing seemed to have a relevant point! Although Richard couldn’t actually say exactly, I have been doing some serious damage myself to the egg stocks at breakfast, so hopefully they have plenty.

After that we wandered around the gift shops, eyed up the items I would buy during the inevitable last few days sale and then Alex went on a mission to see what cruises were available next year! Cloudy days are dangerous!

Went back to get our stuff from sundeck and it was pouring rain, luckily someone had rescued our bags!

Lazed in the cabin a bit and went for lunch and watched the poor crew trying to sweep the water off the deck as the large Americans drove speed through the water on their scooters!

Had a TRX class booked at 5pm so went along and enjoyed that, well, enjoyed may be stretching it somewhat, but anyway it was a good workout and dealt with all the breakfast eggs!

I had managed to ruin my Minx pedicure on the first day and was bored with the manicure colour so booked a hand and toes repaint at the spa and was amazed the beauty lady didn't try and flog me any products! Two years ago, I went for a massage and came away with a body brush (never used) and a body oil (sets hard in the winter so only used half the year).

Last year went for a manicure and came away with and expensive face cream (used very sparingly due to price!)

Tonight was the Latitudes members only cocktail party so dressed to impress and went along and shook hands with the officers and enjoyed some free cocktails (which were free anyway as we have the drinks package!) All the officers introduced themselves and comedy Captain was on good humorous form. I went over to Richard who I had written to on first day and said thank you, he seemed confused (or maybe scared) but was very nice, am pretty sure one of his staff sorted it out and it never reached him anyway, but I thought it was polite to say thank you.

Went to Shakers for a drink and got talking to, ok, let me think…. Jason and Calpes from Leicester, she is Indian, hence the unusual name, they were good fun and we managed to miss all the restaurants for dinner apart from Taste, so quickly went down there rather than ending up at the 24-hr Irish pub and eating pub food.

I had Bouillabaisse to start followed by lemon pepper shrimp and Alex had sausage parmentier followed by pecan crusted chicken.

Skipped dessert as it was kind of late and went back to cabin to find a rabbit towel animal!

Alex went for a wander and found a bunch of pretty hammered Scots, one fell over and had to get medical help while her friends just carried on drinking, then another one toppled over and nobody noticed.

You will remember from previous blogs, on our last two transatlantic cruises, on day 4 both times we had medical emergencies onboard and helicopters had to be scrambled to airlift the passengers off, this also involved diversions to get closer to land. We wondered if we would have three in a row and last night looked like coming close.

By know though, as I write this, we have pretty much gone beyond the point of no return and are too far from land for any type of evacuation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb