Ship full of crazies


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
November 5th 2016
Published: November 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Quite breezy and a little overcast when I woke up but followed my usual routine and went up to grab our favourite bed. Seems to be the same bunch of early risers every morning.

Mr tall and mysterious who has a super-sized coffee mug which he fills regularly until he then. Oves on to chilled white wine, he seems to be on his own, possibly gay but keeps himself to himself.

Then there's Larry from Cambridge with a house in Barcelona, with his wife who's name escapes me, always lively and an early drinker, enjoys his football and a friendly guy.

The Canadian lady who has been on all our cruises is also usually up early, despite late nights in the casino.

Another early bird is a petite blonde with her husband who I think are Ukranian but amusingly we both went to the gift shop sale on the same day and now have the same sandals, dress, bag and hat!

Finally there is Mr Motor scooter, an extremely large American guy with a massive deep voice but always jolly and chats to everyone.

Had a lovely day in the sun lazing and chatting to people, a generally nice bunch. Had a TRX class at 4 and by that time some rain clouds were coming over so went off to work off my breakfast!

Got ready to go out and met Chris and Joe from embarkation day and chatted to them for a while before going to the Italian restaurant where we had reservations.

The restaurant was right at the front of the ship and there was a lot of movement so was a bit weird at first.

Placed our orders and tucked in to the lovely Italian bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

After 45 minutes our starters had not arrived and it all seemed a little hectic, Alex went to the front desk to let them know and the chief food and beverage guy came over to apologise and explained that as I had ordered calamari they hadn't anticipated it being so popular so had to defrost a new batch but it had to be done slowly.

Anyway the food came, I had the problematic breaded calamari with marinara sauce followed by fettuccini with spicy shrimp, Alex had carpaccio followed by meatballs and penne in a basil and tomato sauce, all were delicious but we were kind of rushed as were meeting Jackie and Tony for drinks.

Went up to Shakers to listen to Pedro’s Billy Joel and Elton John tribute and had a good laugh with Jackie and Tony.

Got chatted up by another older dude, this time a Spanish guy from Castellon who holidays in Mojacar every year.

Jackie had met an elderly Danish lady in her pilates class and she came over, a total loony tunes, she was in the singles studios with her sister (both about 80) and her sister had pulled a very dashing Icelandic man who she was glued to all evening, dancing and kissing and hugging! It was obvious the sister was on the hunt for a man and Alex and Tony avoided eye contact at all costs.

Had a great laugh, singing and dancing and Alex got chatting to some scousers and scots who all ended up with New Wave Villas business cards!

Some of the gay guys came along and joined in the singing, all in all a fun night in good company.

Swayed back to the cabin at about 1am to find a lobster towel animal!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb