Cruise Day 12 - Still at sea!


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
March 17th 2016
Published: April 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day two at sea coincided with St Patrick's Day so overnight the whole ship had been decked out with green decorations. Crew members were sporting silly St Patrick's Day hats and even some passengers had entered into the spirit and were parading around the ship in green clothing and/or silly hats.

Yesterday we had a glut of activities to keep us amused while the m.s. Zaandam sailed towards our next port of call, Montevideo. Today we slept in, had a late breakfast, walked a few laps of he deck, blogged, ate again, enjoyed mid-afternoon nana naps (this doing nothing really makes you tired!!) and Bernie caught up with his photo processing.

When we boarded nearly two weeks ago, we found a voucher for dinner in the Pinnacle Grill compliments of Bunnick Tours. With our voucher we were able to dine in the Pinnacle Grill for the cost of the bottle of wine that we chose to accompany our meal. Ordinarily dinner in the grill attracts a nominal payment because you are enjoying a meal over and above the 'standard' fare that is served in the dining room and included in the cruise price that you have paid. We enjoyed a very nice three course meal that included some fabulous steaks for main course. Thank you Bunnick Tours!

With our special dinner booked for this evening Bernie had to miss out on the St Patrick's Day bar crawl that set out at 8.30pm to drink its way through all the bars on board!!



Steps 7,775 (6.19km)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb