A day of rest


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 21st 2012
Published: January 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

20 January 2012 - Today has been a hugely restful day at sea as we've sailed our way down to Florida and into wonderful warm weather. 71 degrees today and 75 degrees forecast for our day in Miami and the Everglades tomorrow. Our tally of wildlife increased slightly today with more dolphins sighted and 2 flying fish.

Two excellent lectures this morning: another fascinating insight into life in the White House under the Nixon and Ford administrations then an excellent and well illustrated talk from Gerald Scarfe. His cartoons really can be very cutting but always exquisitely drawn. Like his wife's talks last week, he attracted a huge audience and the theatre was really packed. Not bad for a place that seats over 1100 guests!

This evening has been very leisurely with a lovely dinner and then an excellent singer in the theatre. Just a final bit of blogging and then an early night. The alarm is set for 6.15 tomorrow morning as we're off the ship at 8.00 for a very full day exploring the Everglades on an air boat, the intracoastal on a more normal boat and then Miami by bus with a Cuban lunch ashore somewhere in the middle. Fingers crossed for sightings of alligators tomorrow but on my only previous visit to the Everglades I didn't manage to find a single one so who knows.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 993.9kb