Day 8 (Wednesday) At Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
May 11th 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Grand Princess must have really been hustling across the ocean to make up for our earlier delays, because last night we lost another hour (once again it was a 23 hr day). We are now 5 hours earlier than St Louis. But they think we are back on schedule and we hopefully will arrive on time tomorrow morning – weather permitting.

Anyway, I guess all those lost hours finally had caught up with us, as we slept in until past 9:30 this morning. Fortunately there was nothing special we wanted to do (except breakfast) until the presentation on Falmouth England. Like the others, that was also interesting to give us ideas of what is ahead.

One convenient feature is that there is a button on the room phone where you can get the current time. Recently the important aspect of that has been the hour, not the minute. Also there is a button where you can get the current weather forecast. The temperature has been gradually dropping as we moved further north. Yesterday the high was only 68 and today the high was 63. The sea has been rougher than our cruise last year, but not uncomfortably so – no seasickness effects. That is until today – the wind dropped so the sea was smoother, but we had fog until early afternoon and they periodically sounded the fog horn. Then it cleared up nicely and was bright and sunny all afternoon.

Since we had such a late breakfast, we only had a snack in the early afternoon and then went to High Tea at 3:30. Janet really enjoys the tea so we might as well check in there today since the shore excursion will conflict on many of the remaining days. All they served was tea, but the snack things were good. This turned out to be a very restful day with nothing much to grab our attention. We lazed around and read some books, did some puzzles, and basically had a nap in the afternoon. Tomorrow should be a busy day so we goofed off most of today.

Somehow David still managed to take a short nap this afternoon before dinner. Then we had a busy evening. First there was dinner (Roast Pork for Janet and David had the Cod). Then off to the Princess Theater for a repeat performance of the Welsh singer (she was very good again). Then we both went to the Vista Lounge for a 10:00 show with all Gershwin songs. We really enjoyed that too, but then it was time to get back to the cabin for a good night’s sleep. Tomorrow is the first shore excursion and we have set the alarm clock for a 6:30 wake-up. At least there is no time change tomorrow. Guess that is all for now.

Pictures are difficult to upload with the intermittent internet connection, so they will be inserted later. We will let you know when.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0971s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb