Force 12 -Atlantic


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 7th 2011
Published: January 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: during storm - listen to breakages 0 secs
Well, not quite what I expected but as Nigel had checked the shipping forecast before we left, he had unfortunately correctly forecast a rough day for today. Don't think even Nigel was ready for force 11 gusting to force 12! Needless to say we have survived and not missed a single meal during the past 36 hours of lets say “interesting” conditions. Arcadia seems to be riding the waves well but unfortunately the Captain had to make a decision to miss out the Azores due to our slower than expected progress. As they had been telling us that they refuel at the Azores, I hope they have enough fuel to get us all the way to Barbados where I am sure we will be taking on fresh crockery to replace all the fairly spectacular breakages today.
The open decks have been off limits today, apart from a small area at the stern where of course Nigel insisted on exploring just to see quite how wet it was and how high the wave were. The answer? He was on he 9th deck and still getting wet but mesmerised by wave watching!
Guess what, dancing lesson was cancelled... Hopefully a smoother day tomorrow will allow us to catch up.
We met our wedding photographer today so one more thing sorted for the big day.
Whilst writing this in the cabin, it is amusing to see the curtains waving back and forwards without the window being open and the ship is creaking and groaning like some old wooden sailing ship. Hopefully a more interesting update tomorrow, night night from us both x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb