CRUISING aboard Holland America's Koningsdam: Bars and Lounges


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » North Atlantic
December 29th 2016
Published: December 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Notes is a whiskey-tasting bar, located between the Explorer's Bar and B.B. King's Blues Club. It has 129 different whiskeys on offer and a very knowledgeable whiskey "sommelier" that will suggest a blend that might suit you. There are also various herbs and spices, used to enhance your smell, as well as some rarities, including bottles for $6,000, should you feel so inclined. The Explore's Bar behind the Lincoln Center Stage is a pleasant spot to listen to the recitals if you can't get a seat near the stage.

The Ocean Bar is located off the atrium on deck two on the way to several restaurant options and is a relatively quiet area to enjoy a pre-dinner drink with friends. Next door is Blends where wine connoisseurs and novices alike can experience a unique, hands-on wine blending and tasting activity in collaboration with Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington State's founding winery.

You can pour your own beer from four automated taps located next to the Lido Bar. They featured Blue Moon, Newcastle Ale, and Stella Artois on this cruise. It cost from 35 to 50 cents an ounce with no 15% service fee. I liked that you could dispense the exact amount that you wanted with a tap of your key card.

The following bars have a great view: The Panorama Bar is where the musicians and performers also come to wind down. It's open until 1 a.m. and serves a range of beers, wines and cocktails. It overlooks the Lido Deck and is a good spot to watch an outdoor film. The Sun Bar is aft on the Sun Deck and overlooks the wake. The crows Nest Bar is located forward on the top deck, twelve. It offers a 270 degree view but a seat may be hard to find when entering and leaving ports.

Only passengers booked in a Pinnacle or Neptune Suite can use the Neptune Lounge. This private relaxation area features a wide-screen TV; reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers and books. Specialty coffees and teas with snacks, cookies, small pastries and sandwiches. Continental breakfast is available until 11 a.m.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Pour Your Own Pour Your Own
Pour Your Own

Beer Station
Neptune Lounge Neptune Lounge
Neptune Lounge

Afternoon Snacks
Queen's Lounge GalleryQueen's Lounge Gallery
Queen's Lounge Gallery

set up for tea service


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb