Day 92 Australia, Perth


Advertisement
Oceania
February 15th 2015
Published: February 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Followers,



We woke up Sunday morning (the day is not normally known to us) to Bodhi running around. The weather is amazing here so we all sat in the garden chatting before Seb fired up the BBQ and cooked us all bacon sandwiches (on the BBQ bacon is even better).



The plan today was to meet up with a few friends of mine who lived out here as well, there was Amy who was the barmaid from the Victory pub in Hamble and who I went to school with, she was with her boyfriend Dave who is also from Hamble school but has been here for 14 years. We were also meant to meet up with Lucy who I have known for years and went to school with; unfortunately Lucy’s baby was poorly so she couldn’t come L



We headed to Scarborough, this was where the beach was. It was about 30 minutes drive from Butler. We stopped of at our first drive through bottle shop!! (love it) and got a crate for the day and Vick some wine.



We found a nice spot under the trees in the shade (you need the shade it’s so hot and sunny). The best things about the beaches are A) it’s clean B) it’s sunny C) it has a great atmosphere D) they have clean toilets and shower facilities E) It is free to use gas BBQ’s and lastly F) nothing is vandalised, it’s all working. In England it would probably have been trashed the day it was fitted, people here seem to understand it’s all for everyone and treat it with respect.



Seb took Bodhi in the sea for a boogie board session, we all had a kick around with the football, I took Bodhi tree climbing, we had a nut fight with all the nuts falling from the trees, we had an amazing steak and salad lunch, had a few hotdogs off Dave’s, and drank lots of beer.



It was a great day; we all said our goodbyes and headed home about 5.30pm. We stopped for fish and chips on the way back, it was only $7 dollars each so £3.50: cheaper than England!!! We sat on the beach and ate them as the sun went down. So nice and relaxing!!!



Once back at Seb and Kelly’s they put Bodhi to sleep and we had a few more beers putting the world to rights before we all headed to bed after a great first full day in Perth.



Hope you enjoy the blog today,





Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 1.552s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb