The Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Oceania
January 9th 2014
Published: January 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So our second road trip with Hay and Rob was along the Great Ocean Road we planned to go for 2 nights stopping off at the gorgeous beaches in the sunshine but lo and behold it was rubbing weather! Yup it's not always sunny here guys lol, we ended up only doing one night but still had a great time. Our first day we headed out early with another carful of goodies and this time we even had a picnic packed courtesy of Hayley! The beaches looked like they would have been great but the rain definitely put us off spending too much time at each one really. We stopped off for lunch though and the sun was shining thank god!! We went down to the beach and had our picnic and chilled for a while, burying Rob in the sand as well (yes we are all adults and not kids I promise!) it was pretty funny though! We got the traditional seaside ice cream and then set off for a hotel for the night. We found a little site all little cabins and we got a pool and jacuzzi on site too, so as you can imagine we all jumped straight in lapping up the jacuzzi!! We headed out for dinner to the local bowls club because we are that cool, and because that's all that seemed around and to be honest the food was pretty good!! We headed back after dinner and watched Hook. Me and Brad bought it with us, we couldn't not buy it when we saw it!! Us old fogies didn't even last the full film though and all crashed out!!

We had another good breakfast the next day Brad cooked us all bacon sandwiches :-). Then set off, the plan was to drive to do a trek at the Grampions but it was still raining and trekking was bad enough for me but trekking the rain well that's just me out of the game! So the other 3 went off and I stayed in the car and watched Forest Gump, I could think of worse ways to bide my time :-). They did it pretty quickly and we were back out on the road before we knew it! We did another little walk and by this time it had stopped raining so I was more than happy to join everyone and it was good to do some exercise I guess!! We rewarded ourselves with stopping at a pizza restaurant on the way back lol which was pretty yummy and then headed home to Melbourne. It was a really good trip but the weather just let us down unfortunately but it meant we got back and had the whole of Christmas Eve to get organised for leaving for Sydney so it wasn't too bad!

My Melbourne blog now tells you all about Christmas when we got back so I hope you enjoy!
Love B&K xxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 2.186s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb