more rain


Advertisement
Oceania
June 16th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 13. World Cup triumph 3-1 over Japan which led from the 26th minute til 83 minutes. We scored three in the last eight. Heartbreak for the young Japanese couple at the bar late night on empty streets in Mackay. Barman playing pool, couple drinking white and guy long hair. Can nothing stop Frank Lowey and will Gus become god?
Shower lunch watched white water in the distance. Cloud cover. Rain stopped in the afternoon. And tropically mild.
Wednesday 14. Mackay 'Mercury' article page two colour. Sunny windy. Turned off to Cape Hillsborough National Park. Butterflies. Small white. Large black with large white dots. Steep creek bed large rocks white lichen. Hundred of black with blue-patterened butterflies. A black one with white and orange markings. In the valley of the butterflies, the brown leaf-immitator, stealth bomber with white dots along the wing edges, some too fast to see, one with a black spot and squares of brown and white, a very classy browns and whites plus spots on the inner trailing edge, a white, a yellow, a blue and black fluttered upwind on the trail. The trees bore fruit. I opened out to a view of coast and islands, soft mountain chain inland. Had a tree spoken it wouldn't have surprised. Returned to car to steady my soul. Picked up litter. Drank grape juice. Went back. A coo in the treetops revealed a fruit dove with red cap, orange belly, green wings and a creamy breast with dark pattern. Towering trees. The butterflies had gone but.
Thur. 15. A browns and white; half-eye, light medium and dark; the best, green spots on dark background; black with white eyes; white with black dots; yellow and white; yellow and white with black edges; and more. A beautiful tan and cream bird. Mangroves, hoop pines. A wonderous place.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb