Paul and Janet Australia Vacation


Advertisement
Oceania
November 1st 2011
Published: November 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we walked up towards the Central Business District. We went through Hyde Park which is beautifully manicured with towering trres, fountains, and blooming flowers. We went into David Jones which is the fanciest dept store in Sydney. The food court was not to be believed. We purchased a takeaway picnic lunch: salads, mini chicken and brie pies, baguette, prosciutto and the most delicious chocolate dipped strawberry and dipped fig. We took our picnic to the botanic gardens and ate on the grass overlooking the harbor and opera house with a large flock of wild, screeching parrots in the trees behind us.

As we ate our lunch, everyone in Sydney came out o their lunch break to have a jog....and I do mean everyone. Hundreds of runners in large groups and running at Kenyan-like speeds. This is the most fit country in the world. I had to quickly lick the chocolate from my fingers so I could snap a picture...

In the afternoon we took the ferry to Rose Bay for another walkabout. We looked for a bar to rest and have a beer, but today is the Melbourne Cup and the whole country is partying. Every woman is dressed to the nines with a funny, feathery hat on. What is it about horse racing that compels women to wear silly hats? We made it back to Sydney Harbour and had oysters and beer(s) watching the sun set.

Advertisement



1st November 2011

We need pictures
You mentioned taking photos, please post some.
2nd November 2011

Pictures
I forgot the cable to download photos from our camera. Will post pictures once we get back. It's gorgeous here, hopefully the pictures will do it justice.
2nd November 2011

http://www.dozenvacation.com/Vacation-Last-Minute-TOP/hotwire.html
This blog is wonderfully described by them and the couple who are visiting to Australia must read this blog. There are many other places like Australia where you can visit there with your partner and to get the information about it, please visit to the hotwire blog.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb