Mill Stream National Park


Advertisement
Oceania
April 27th 2009
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Once on the road again, as it turns happens we had a day or so to kill and headed for a small National park on the way to Karratha called Millstream- Chichester National park. It was the most amazing drive inland, who’d have thought. The long stretches and the landscape were so pretty. Sandy and I stopped a couple of times to soak it all in. We made it into the park just on sunset, which was lucky and oh so beautiful.

After the long drive and a few hours of impersonating a crickets conversation, whilst hanging out on a camp light (their equivalent to a night on the town) we tucked ourselves away for another day of exploring.

That was the night I had to get over my phobia of the dark and go to the toilet all by myself without my personal body guard, Sandy. By morning I was all grown up.

We took a drive to the historic homestead which was built in 1919 and home to the Gordon family until 1964. This pastoral area covering 400,000 hectares controlled 55,000 sheep in the day. After that time it was briefly a tavern and now a visitor centre. It’s a very beautiful place, and the water hole near it has palm trees to give it that oasis feel.

Moving on we took another windy drive and stumbled across the most magnificent pool on earth called Python pool. Words can’t express, so hopefully the photos give you a better idea. We stayed there for half a day basking in the sun and taking dips leisurely. Unreal. A must see!! Felt like the kinda place that no one would or has ever stumbled across it. So untouched. Unfortunetly a german photographer and his mum rocked up 5 minutes after us, so the stand off began. (That what i called it). All that aside we made the most of the location and the serenity.

Onto Karratha that afternoon!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb