Leaving Singapoer and Arriving in Sydney


Advertisement
Oceania
January 15th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday - January 12th Singapore

Work up at 8:15 - Had breakfast by the pool, lovely sunny morning.
Went out with map and got shanghaied by Singapore taxi driver. Dropped him in China town! Went to Chettiar Temple - no shoes . Walked back to the hotel, had a swim and siesta. Off to night time safari, which although touristy we both really enjoyed, well-done and some very cute animals, otters our favourite. Long bar at Raffles for a few G & T,s and Singapore slings! Bed. Not got the hang of putting photo,s on yet, but will sort it out when we get toMariannes.

Sunday - January 13th
Up and out by 10 - got a taxi to the botanical gardens. Absolutely beautiful - trees amazing, bromeliads and orchids fab- very pleasant weather wise. Took loads of photos which we no doubt will bore people with when we get back. .
PM Taxi driver that took us to airport extremely knowledgeable on English football teams which he enjoyed telling us about!!- Plane to Sydney - bumpy at times but managed some sleep.

Monday - January 14th
6:30am Greeted at the airport by Marianne, so fab to see her. Mari & Graemes house is lovely, very unusual wooden house with tin roof. Noisy when it rains hard apparently. Spent the day around the house and looking around the local neighbourhood of Newtown. Weather a bit on the cool side and drizzly. Went to a local Tai place for some tasty food then back home to collapse and sleep.
Tuesday - January
Exciting day - caught the train to Sydney and saw all the wonderful sites - Opera House; Quayside; Botanical Gardens and lots more. Weather improving all the time and ending a very hot sunny day! Hopefully we will be able to add some photo’s to give you a feel of what we did. Had a local institution lunch of pie with everything piled up at Harry’s cafe de wheels place by the quayside. Very tasty!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb