Sydney and Kangaroo Valley


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Kangaroo Valley
January 19th 2008
Published: January 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

KangarooKangarooKangaroo

Our first Kangaroo
Wednesday - 15th January
Another day in Sydney. Coffee on circular key then caught the ferry to Watsons Bay. Walked along Camp Cove and on to the peninsular by the light house looking out over the Tasman Sea- beautiful colours sea and spray. Weather glorious but stayed covered up today as rather too much sun yesterday. Arrived back at Watsons Cove and we had a fab lunch at Doyles overlooking the beach, ate local fish, flat head, barramundi and red snapper washed down by their own SB. Yum.

Thursday - 16th January - Very over cast today and windy. Delayed canoe trip by one day so off to Sydney to do the bridge, inside the Opera house and the art gallery. Loved the art gallery lots of wonderful aboriginal art, had lunch at a yung chi where they bring you trays of stuff and you choose what you want - great idea and good food. Saving bridge & opera house for another day.

Friday 17th & Saturday 18th January - Off on our big adventure to the southern highlands and Kangaroo valley for an overnight camp and
Mari in canoeMari in canoeMari in canoe

Mari in canoe
canoeing down the river to the Tallowa dam over 2 days. Hopefully be able to put up some photos to show us in all our splendour!! Highlights - seeing a wild Eastern Grey kangaroo & managing to take a photo without falling in the river. All the wonderful bird life - heard Whip birds, bell birds and kookaburra and lots more and saw young white faced cranes, currawong, Eastern Reef Egrets (probably), lizards and lots of creepy-crawly wild life and unusual beautiful rock formations. Steve got a great campfire going and made a very tasty veg chilli. BUT most importantly we did not fall in and we DID IT with all the equipment too. I am sure it was fairly tame for folk used to the outdoors but a wonderful experience for us. The downside was the weather it rained a lot as it does in that area but it did keep the heat down to a manageable level for us English folk. Marianne handled a single canoe really well and it was lovely to share the experience.

As a reward for our hard work we did a spot of wine tasting at Southern Highland Wines and brought some
Steve&Linda in canoeSteve&Linda in canoeSteve&Linda in canoe

Steve&Linda in canoe
back for Graeme who has been working and holding the fort!! Collapsed and had an enjoyable evening in - well they all watched a ‘funny horror NZ film called Black Sheep - a bit to grizzerly for wimpy me though! I enjoyed listening to them all laughing whilst reading.
Sunday 19th January - Today is the start of our 4 day trip to Hunter Valley and the Blue mountains. Out side hot and sunny and noisy with bird life.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

River conqueredRiver conquered
River conquered

river conquered


20th January 2008

Kangaroo?
Hmmmmm... looks like a rather large rabbit to me.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb