Another day in Queenstown


Advertisement
Oceania
September 25th 2007
Published: September 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone

Right not a whole lot to report other than this... the FERGBURGER has to be the best burger any carnivore could ever ask for. its double of everything, the burger is huge and well... WELL WORTH IT. Lets just say we were content after it. mmm...

We spent a good portion of the day just chilling, skipping stones again at the lake front... so peaceful. People go to the lakefront and lie down and fall asleep, its like the norm here. People leaning against trees and reading their book in peace, others strolling along the beachfront and others having a nap. Its so laid back, like South Africa but without the crime. Cars arent locked, houses arent locked either... its really relaxing. I know I have said it so many times but its hard to explain.

We are going to be looking at the Ford Laser today, 1983... nice and old. Its strange here, the MOT equivelant is whats known as the WOF however this is required every 6 months as opposed to every 12 months. Then there is the road tax, cheap but needs to be kept updated. And this one I cant get my head around... insurance isnt required by law... its an option. I mean who makes something like insurance an option?

Anyway the rest of the day is going to be spent exploring the local area, relaxing some more, doing nothing really, just kicking back and enjoying it. We did spoil ourselves today with some bangers and mash... tasted very processed to me however Ross enjoyed it. I guess thats the most important thing. I personally cant wait to try the local foods.

Oh yes, opened a bank account today, will be collecting our cards on Thursday... getting ourselves there, the New Zealand equivelant of the NI number in the UK is in the works and we should see those in about 2 weeks. Less tax when we get a job I guess. Things planned... skiing, bungee jumping, canyon swinging, and a few other stupidly insane death defying activities. Hope I survive with poo free undies. ha ha ha ha ha

Anyway catch up with you all soon

Right Sharon, your shortened version :o)

Fergburger, awesome burger
Chilling, skipping stones
Relaxed, people sleeping and others reading on the lake front
Its like South Africa without the crime
Going to be looking at a 1983 Ford Laser later
Going to spend rest of the day relaxing and exploring
Had bangers and mash
Opened bank account
applied for equivelant of NI number

And thats about it for now, will have more exciting stories tomorrow, if we get to an internet cafe. :o)

Advertisement



27th September 2007

Fergburger ahoy!
Hi dude! it sounds like you are having a great time! winter is moving in so its a hundred layers of clothes weather. the place u r at sounds amazing. you must take some pictures. amazed at the whole insurance thing. on a less than light note, i dont know if mom/dad have told u but we got a letter from the diocese saying we have to be out by 16th dec. cheeky bastards! anyway, when (and if) you come back, you may find your stuff in a different house! it shouldnt b 2 hard cos u have done most of the packing for us! u still watching the rugby? v pleased at south africa's performance this WC. even if we dont get it, it was great 2 wipe the smug grins off the english faces! anyhoo dude, glad u r having a good time. live it up. u deserve it! :)

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb