Byron Bay - my new favourite place


Advertisement
Oceania
November 26th 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After our crazzzy adventure in Nimbin, Dayna and I headed to Lennox head where we relaxed for a couple of days.. the hostel there was pretty nice and really cheap.. The beach was beautiful and we spent our time there relaxing on it all day.. literally. After a long day sunning ourselves at the beach we had a nice dinner and chilled around a fire with some german guys staying in the hostel.. then we headed down to the beach with blankets and gazed up at the stars for hours.. It's weird because you don't see the same stars here as back home.. but they are still amazing. After lennox head we moved to Byron Bay where we absolutely fell in love.. This is by far my favourite place we've been.. It's a small surfer town with beautiful beaches and full of backpackers looking to have a good time.. the hostel we're staying at is right by the beach and is a lot of fun.. Each night from 5-7 it's happy hour at the bar where we get 2 for 1 drinks.. its good b/c it brings everyone who's staying there together. We are sharing a room with 2 english guys who are hilarious.. they love to surf and drink so we get along pretty well.. We are also living with a sweedish girl who I swear is the skinniest person I've ever seen, you never hear her come in at night b/c she's so light she doesnt make a sound.. lol she's a good roommate but takes forever in the bathroom.. There are 8 beds in our room so we always have randoms coming in and out for a night or two.. but everyone so far has been really cool.. we have met so many interesting people. We are going to stay here until Christmas and maybe try to work at our hostel so we can stay there for free to save some money. Basically our days here consist of waking up whenever we feel like it, eating a big breakfast, then heading to the beach to relax for the day where we either catch some waves on our surfboard, or just suntan and swim in the ocean.. the waves are so HUGE here.. it's actually kinda scary sometimes you really get tossed around out there.. The other day we spent hours throwing around the frisbee with some aussies we met who were really cool.. After our day at the beach we usually have a couple drinks at happy hour with dinner then either chill at the hostel for the night or go out to one of the many bars- it's quite the life and I don't think we'll have any trouble sticking around here for a month or so.. I put up some more pictures and even some movies for your viewing pleasure.. keep up with the comments I love hearing from you guys!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb