Margaret River


Advertisement
Oceania
May 11th 2018
Published: May 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Next episode
Stayed a couple of days in Esperance to restock the essentials left Saturday morning stopped for lunch at Ravensthorpe and decided to head towards Hopetoun. Quite a nice fishing spot, and yes I caught some. A large parrot fish and a small grass whiting 3 actually, but I had to throw 2 back. Then the wind started to pick up. So it was time to leave. We headed out via the Fitzgerald River N P. The wind had picked up to 60 kms. By the time we got to Jerrymangup we decided to get away from the coast and head inland to Dumbleyung. This is where Donald Campbell made the record books for setting both land and water speed records in the same year. He previously set the land speed record on Lake Eyre earlier in the year. His water record was set here on New Years Eve. The town now has a replica of the boat on display.
Lunch at Katanning then camped near Cranbrook. From here we drove to Albany and checked out the sites including the war memorial on top of the hill. Very informative. Albany was the last town many of our Australian soldiers saw in WW1. The Whale Station is getting too expensive and I be seen it twice before. Camped near Bow River(what a great name for a song). Next morning we did the Tree Top walk near Walpole. Also walked around the giant tree. Camped near Quinninup. Then drove to Pemberton and the Gloucester tree to climb up 58m to the lookout, then onto the Diamond tree 52m which Ken managed to climb( I did tell him it was only about 28m though). Drove through the forest and mountain range to Margaret River.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



11th May 2018

Absolutely fab thanks for the update

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb